PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ultimate

ironur
April 15th, 2011, 00:24
I'm looking for campaigns with a ultimate license.

I would put in for the lite but my note book doesn't hold for the game, and the only laptop I can get to I will not be able to get to that often.

if anyone has a ultimate lience tell me what campaigns your hosting

maybe in the future I'll be able to get a lite but not at this time

phantomwhale
April 15th, 2011, 01:20
There are quite a few people out there running one-offs and even campaigns with the Ultimate license.

You may need to seek them out, rather than them seek you though ! Doswelk and MurghBpurn run Savage Worlds one shots now and then, and I know I've seen others hosting games for both Savage Worlds and other systems.

Check around the Guild House forum posts, and ask around a bit, and you shouldn't struggle to find a game.

ironur
April 15th, 2011, 02:29
i have a idea, maybe members of the communite could get a small emblem in their profile that tells other what lisence they have.

I'll look around though

phantomwhale
April 15th, 2011, 05:36
Certainly people offering games should mention if they are running a "Full" or "Ultimate" license - perhaps even in the subject title.

Most games marked as "demo" games are normally hosted by Ultimate license users, as the purpose of them is to give new users a chance to "try before they buy".

Longer term campaigns tend to mainly be Full + Lite licenses, I think, although I've not been involved with too many to be sure of that.

RKBrumbelow
April 15th, 2011, 14:21
As an ultimate license holder, the reason I bought an ultimate was to allow my local group to play without having to invest and for the ability to give demos. I would be very reticent to have a non license holder that was not one of my locals in a campaign as opposed to a demo where I would encourage them. My reasoning is thus: I paid extra for my local group to effectively have a license to play, and because I want to have the game expand I am working on local demos currently. If someone wanted to join a campaign however I would insist they buy into the product so that it continues to grow.

Raruku
April 15th, 2011, 16:42
I would like to have a demo of the game as well before I buy it. It's a lot of money to spend on something of very uncertain value.

RKBrumbelow
April 15th, 2011, 16:54
I am not certain $24(light) / $40(full) is a lot of money, but there are plenty of demo games throughout the week. Look for the one shots and demos int he calendar.

Valarian
April 15th, 2011, 19:25
I'm running a FATE game on Sunday evenings (8pm UK time) and have an Ultimate license. You could join in with that to try before buying if you so wish.

Raruku
April 15th, 2011, 23:54
I am not certain $24(light) / $40(full) is a lot of money

It is for me :/

I'm running a FATE game on Sunday evenings

Cool, is it a small campaign? Can I join up?

Valarian
April 16th, 2011, 11:00
It's a small campaign that is possibly about halfway through. There are some session logs on Google Docs (https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https://docs.google.com/leaf%3Fid%3D0B75Lr5C1Hpx3MzQxYzBiOWUtYmI1NC00NDlhL TkzMWEtM2ViZTgwMzdjY2Rl%26hl%3Den), but missing session 3 as my backup didn't work when I rebuilt the laptop.

If you're not familiar with FATE, it's worth having a look at the SRD:
https://evilhat.wikidot.com/fate-csrd:nutshell

Raruku
April 16th, 2011, 22:10
The google thing doesn't seem to work for me but the description of Fate sounds interesting. Are you playing tomorrow?

Though, if you are halfway through, an new (level one?) player who doesn't know anything about the the campaign, or much about the setting, might make things difficult.

By the way, what is the setting?

Valarian
April 17th, 2011, 18:26
We are playing today (17/4). You're welcome to drop in as an observer or to pick up a character (there's a warrior type available). The setting is Celtic in flavour.

Raruku
April 17th, 2011, 21:19
0k, how do I do that?