PDA

View Full Version : Would like to have a look

Raruku
April 12th, 2011, 18:59
Hello, I'm really new to D&D although I have hosted a very basic campaign. I'd really just like to see how D&D translates into an online game. I would like to try and play some proper D&D, but I'm happy to just play with creating a character and rooting through a beginners dungeon, though I don't mind something longer if it is intended for new players.

I really like to play strange or anamalistic characters and tend to want to add animal-like traits or features to them. I like Asian weapons, as well as the traditional D&D fantasy & magic - so any campaign setting that incorporates these things would be awesome. :D

vodokar
April 13th, 2011, 23:50
If you are new to Fantasy Grounds and haven't got a license yet, the only way to truly test it out is to find a game master who has an Ultimate license.

Most of us don't have that, however, there are a few who make announcements from time to time regarding demo games for new people using an Ultimate license, so keep an eye out for those.

If you do have at least a light license, then there is no better way to learn to play D&D or any ruleset than by signing up for someone's campaign and having the other players help teach you.

Regarding how D&D or any other RPG plays online with Fantasy Grounds, I personally think its a much better experience than playing manually with paper and dice. I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied.

Raruku
April 14th, 2011, 12:09
Oh so I need a licence to play most games....they're so expensive though....