PDA

View Full Version : Fonts

DaffyRoth
April 11th, 2011, 22:30
Ok I am not sure what the H I am doing here lol. So I have 4e fonts V.1 I believe and the font generator. Beyond that I am clueless how to get anything working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zeus
April 11th, 2011, 23:20
Would this be my 4E Fonts extension you are referring to?

If so the extension is now out of date and is no longer required as the fonts were incorporated into the base 4E ruleset. Just load a new 4E campaign and your good to go.

The Font Generator utility takes TTF Fonts and converts them to FGII .fgf font files. The utility is therefore only required if you want to convert TTF fonts to supplement existing fonts in use in an FGII ruleset.

If the latter is what your after, if you could post up the ruleset you want the new fonts to work with, we can guide you through the process.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 00:05
I think I just need help getting them to work. Like what are the commands and such. Say I have a text that I want my players to see only in elven, how do I make that happen? I hope that makes senses.....

Griogre
April 12th, 2011, 05:05
There is an extension that already does that for 4E.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12842&highlight=Language+Extension

Even if you don't play 4E it would be a good base for doing the same thing in another ruleset.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 17:37
Oh its for 4e, I just dont know how to work it all. I am going to mess with it for a bit and see if I can figure it out, but a list of cmmds would be helpful.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 17:43
Ya so I still cant get it to work. Using the cmd line:

/lang dwarven Hello
/dwarven Hello

Neither of those did anything.....

Soooo ya......

Zeus
April 12th, 2011, 18:48
Have you ensured the extension is enabled before you start the FGII 4E campaign?

The first syntax you tried is the correct one and should work. The following languages are supported by the extension by default.

/lang dwarven Hello
/lang draconic Hello
/lang elven Hello
/lang supernal Hello
/lang deepspeech Hello
/lang giant Hello
/lang goblin Hello
/lang primordial Hello

You can add/ammend the languages by using the following steps:

Convert a .ttf file into a .fgf file using the FGFontGenerator (available from Smiteworks).
Unpack the 4E Languages .ext file in the FGII app data/extensions folder
Copy the .fgf file into the unpacked extension fonts directory.
Edit the extension.xml and change the fgffile name="fonts/{your fgf filename here}.fgf" for the language you wish to change. Adding additional languages is just a matter of adding a new <font> block and adding the proper entries to the character sheets.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 19:37
Ok so do I need the extention or not? You said it was no longer supported as it included now, so does that mean it works out of box so to speak without having to do anything? Just download FG2 and its good to go? The only reason I ask is that all I get right now by doing the cmd line /lang is a list of supported commands. Do I have to download the fonts or anything?

Lol this has been something that I have been trying to get to work for some time now with no success.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 19:43
Ok so I checked to make sure that I have the Font extension checked when starting my campaign. I type in /lang dwarven Hello. All that come up is a list of supported slash commands. So I am obviously missing something.

Zeus
April 12th, 2011, 19:51
Does the 4E Languages launch message display in the chat window when the campaign is first loaded?

If not, try opening the console (/console), leave it open and reload FGII using the /reload all command.

When the campaign is reloaded, are there any errors displaying in the console e.g. could not load ...

Also, which version of FGII are you using?

Zeus
April 12th, 2011, 19:53
Ok so do I need the extention or not? You said it was no longer supported as it included now, so does that mean it works out of box so to speak without having to do anything? Just download FG2 and its good to go? The only reason I ask is that all I get right now by doing the cmd line /lang is a list of supported commands. Do I have to download the fonts or anything?

Lol this has been something that I have been trying to get to work for some time now with no success.

If you want to use the 4E Languages extension, then yes you need to enable it. My earlier response was in response to your first post where you refered to the extension 4E Fonts.

Do NOT enable the 4E Fonts extension, just the 4E Languages extension.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 20:09
Ok its not loading, but there are no errors. I left the console open as you said and nothing came up there. And my version is 2.7.5.

The extensions I have are as follows:

4E Fonts v1
4E House Rules
4E Items
4E PartySheet (Freakin sweet BTW!)
4E Personalities
4E Tables
4E Theme - Metal Pro
4E Treasure Parcels v 1

All of them load to my knowledge except the fonts to this point....

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 20:19
Ok so I think I understand whats going on..... I dont have the 4E Language extension.....

Sooooooo.....where can I get it?

Zeus
April 12th, 2011, 20:33
Make sure to disable/delete the 4E Fonts extension first.

You can download the 4E Languages extension from here (https://tenian.eugenez.net/Extensions/4E%20Language.ext).

Also, I'd suggest disabling the house rules extension as this has been superceded by a new 4E Fumbles & Criticals extension. The skin used in House Rules has also been replaced by 4E Theme - Metal Pro extension.

Visit my 4E Resource Page (link is in the sig) for updated/new versions of my extensions.

DaffyRoth
April 12th, 2011, 20:51
SWEET!! Ok so now it all works. My next question is how does this work to the players. If they have dwarven on their character sheet then it auto translates for them? And for those that dont they just see the dwarven scipt?

Zeus
April 12th, 2011, 21:42
SWEET!! Ok so now it all works. My next question is how does this work to the players. If they have dwarven on their character sheet then it auto translates for them? And for those that dont they just see the dwarven scipt?

Yes, that is correct.