PDA

View Full Version : Npc multiple attacks not working

viresanimi
April 10th, 2011, 14:02
I searched for this, but couldn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I've started a pathfinder campaign with some friends, using the d20_jpg ruleset (version 3.05) and the Pathfinder ruleset (tried both version 7 and 8).

The issue I have is that I can't make npc's have multiple attacks like in 3.5. I am pretty sure that I am writing it correctly, but nothing seems to work.

Is this a bug, or does it work differently from the 3.5 ruleset?

Best regards

Vires Animi

Sorcerer
April 10th, 2011, 14:36
I don't know about with the pathfinder extension enabled (because I don't have it)

but multiple attacks from d20_jpg combat tracker or NPC sheet should work for NPC's. (and work with the same syntax as 3.5E)

syntax is just # attackname

where # is the number of attacks.

so for an aboreth it might be

4 tentacles +12 melee (1d6+8)

the thing to note is when you go to select the attack: mouse over until you get a white highlight and then double click. if you see a blinking cursor then you have selected the text for editing rather than for attacking.
it can be a little tricky sometimes.

viresanimi
April 10th, 2011, 17:20
Thanks for the reply, however, I can see now, that I was a bit unclear.

The above example does work as intended, but that was not what my problem is.

The issue is multiple types of attack.

For instance a creature might have both a bite and claws attack. In 3.5 that could be written up as:

Bite +5 melee (1d6), Claw +4 melee (1d4)

However that syntax does not work with d20, as far as I can tell - or am I doing something wrong here?

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
April 10th, 2011, 17:33
The attacks need to be written up in the exact same format as the Monster Manual attack blocks.

A couple examples:

Bite +9 melee (1d6+3) and 2 claws +4 melee (1d4+1)

Bite +8 melee (1d8+2) and slam +3 melee (1d4+1); or greatsword +8/+3 melee (2d6+3/19-20) and bite +3 melee (1d8+1)

Cheers,
JPG

viresanimi
April 10th, 2011, 18:17
Ah... that works perfectly. Much appreciated!

Vires Animi

Barlie
February 3rd, 2012, 12:48
Is there a way to have damage rolled automatically for each attack that hit, and only each attack that hit?

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2012, 02:38
I have a pending feature request to add an optional feature allowing rolls to be "linked", but it is not currently scheduled.

Regards,
JPG