PDA

View Full Version : (GURPS 4e) Space/Scifi game LFPs

sabanknight
April 9th, 2011, 18:48
(GURPs 4e) Orange Badlands: Voyages of the starship Mozart

The twenty year occupation of earth is drawing to an end. The Pahbor empire is loosing its grasp on its outlaying territories including the Sol System. The year is 2075 Earth's defenses are solidifying and alien threat is being pushed from mankind's territory. Outposts pepper the celestial bodies of the solar system and basic terraforming has been initiated, a byproduct of the Pahbor's occupation. Reverse engineering has offered jumps in weaponry and space travel. The third generation of space-bourne vessels are commissioned and are preparing to clear out the scattered Pahbor stragglers.

Sparrow class Light-Cruiser UES Mozart is on its maiden voyage, the mission of this vessel is to patrol out ahead of the main fleets. To establish a interplanetary military presence and to seize all non-UES vessels in the name of the newly founded United Earth Federation.

The campaign takes place in the late 21st century, the team are representatives aboard the United Earth Federation Navy Vessel the UES Mozart. The goal; To ensure all hostile xeno-presences are secured in the Sol system. The Campaign is realistic, but many factors border on the absurd, those of you that know me, know I like certain levels of humor and unlikelyhoods in my sub-plots and stories. The Campaign world does follow real science for the most part, some super science and anomalies in realspace may circumvent known laws of science but for the most part obey them unless otherwise explained.

More info and signup is here https://oneshots.forumotion.net/f8-orange-badlands

Game System: Gurps 4th ed
Game Starting Year:2075
Genre Sci-fi "Realistic"
Multiple planes of existence? yes
Campaign Starting Location: Sol System; UES Mozart
Tech LV 9 with 10 advances
Starting point value 150
Max Disadvantages -75
Starting Wealth $20,000
Exotic/Supernatural allowed? No, but they do exist
Are PC Mages Allowed? No, but supernatural events that could be explained as magic have been witnessed.
General Mana Level: Low Mana(again mana is more an explanation for unexplained phenomina)
Do areas of higher/lower mana exist? yes
Are any of the spells from Chapter 5 off limits? Yes Check with GM
Are PC psis allowed? Maybe... as above but a interesting story could make me bend a bit
Are any of the powers from Chapter 6 off limits? See above
Are PC gadgeteers allowed? Yes

Recomended Reading:
Gurps Space -some hard science stuff but not needed-
Gurps Basic set: Character -for general character creation-
Gurps Spaceship -Space combat rules, ya it has some science and math dont get overwhelmed-
Gurps High tech -some possible tech options-
Gurps Ultra tech -same as high tech-

Game will commence Monday 7pm-11pm EST 4/25 and will take place weekly

Send an email to sabanknight at yahoo.com post https://oneshots.forumotion.net/t13-campaign-info#116 or post here if you are interested. The oneshots forum or my email are the best ways to receive swift communication.

ronnke
April 9th, 2011, 22:48
Will the game be chat based, or do you plan on using voice comms?

sabanknight
April 9th, 2011, 23:47
Probobly text, I ussually do skype, but gonna experiment with text only. Have more info on the oneshots forum I posted above

jcdf
April 10th, 2011, 22:27
I might be interested in this. Depending day/time. I take it that there will not be a game tomorrow.

:)

glacius
April 11th, 2011, 06:50
Definately interested and the times work but Iam a gurps newb is that ok?

sabanknight
April 11th, 2011, 21:06
you would be correct, no game tonight. Most likely aiming for 2 weeks out from today if level of interest holds and we keep getting more people. Will post more official info in the near future.

Have no issue with gurps novices and rpg novices, I can provide books and we will take it easy the first few sessions. However experience does help since we are using gurps space and also stuff will be happening on foot as well. You will technically be learning 2 sets of rules at the same time. Depending on your ship role you may find it best to learn one or the other as a priority.

sabanknight
April 16th, 2011, 05:59
Posted official start date
Game will commence Monday 7pm-11pm EST 4/25 and will take place weekly

I will be on maptools using 1.385b development saturday 4/16 6pm EST
Room: Orange Badlands
for assistance with characters or general Q and A

Morbius
April 27th, 2011, 04:20
count me in.

sabanknight
May 3rd, 2011, 14:54
Had a good session last night, we still have some room. Any position is open, but we are leaning toward needing a science officer, and a tactical/security officer.

Mission update, the team is patroling the asteroid belt. After inadvertently blowing up a booby-traped sputnik they picked up the signal of an abandoned mining base, the team is currently holding over the asteroid and is deciding their next course of action.

sabanknight
May 9th, 2011, 19:59
Anyone want to play a tactical officer for tonights game? If you don't want to make a character we have a premade one if someone wants to jump in.

sabanknight
May 30th, 2011, 20:45
As usual I have premade characters if anyone wants to hop into the game for a night or check it out as a trial for a longer term play schedule.

You do not need to know the rules I will take care of everything, only thing you need is a willingness to play and availability from 7pm EST to 11pm EST tonight

Email me