PDA

View Full Version : Re-install

MeganHunter
April 9th, 2011, 18:22
Good morning, I recently got my new computer delivered. I couldn't seem to find an About or someplace that had my serial number on the old version. I'd like to format the old machine and get rid of it, but I wanted to make sure I got FG working on my new one first. I bought it around four years ago, I think, so I don't believe I'd have any of the original emails. Is there an easy way folks do this when it comes up? Is there a place to check it once you've activated? Do you still have my info from this account to send the number again? Thanks,

~Megan

Mellock
April 9th, 2011, 18:36
At the bottom of the store, there is a link to your order history. If you bought it from the Fantasy Grounds store, it may be there. The link is https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp

Alternatively, you can dig into your registry, by going to start->run->regedit and go to
->HKEY_CURRENT_USER
->Software
->Fantasy Grounds
->2.0
And locate the LicenseKey value. (this is on Windows 7, should be there on Win XP as well, I think.)
Messing with the registry is bad though, so don't change anything!

If all that fails, you can mail [email protected] from your original e-mail address, I think.

Good luck!

MeganHunter
April 9th, 2011, 18:40
The order history worked like a charm! Thanks!