PDA

View Full Version : Turn Off Scroll Changes?

NEPHiLiX
April 7th, 2011, 13:28
Just wondering if there was any way in this ruleset to switch off the mousewheel-scroll-automatically-changes-values feature. I can't tell you how many times I've scrolled down on my PC sheet and then wondered which of my skills might have been changed. In the RM Ruleset, that feature could be turned off by switching to a CTRL-mousewheel to make changes.

Please tell me that this ruleset has such a feature!

Thanks!

VenomousFiligree
April 7th, 2011, 14:43
I feel your pain! It has been requested, but isn't available yet.

Doswelk
April 7th, 2011, 14:53
Just wondering if there was any way in this ruleset to switch off the mousewheel-scroll-automatically-changes-values feature. I can't tell you how many times I've scrolled down on my PC sheet and then wondered which of my skills might have been changed. In the RM Ruleset, that feature could be turned off by switching to a CTRL-mousewheel to make changes.

Please tell me that this ruleset has such a feature!

Thanks!

Problem is that has to be written when the ruleset is created.

The Savage Worlds ruleset was (after d20 SRD) the first ruleset written for FGII (and FGI for that matter), back then the CTRL-Mousewheel idea had not formed)

So it may well make the 3.2 version but poor PhantomWhale will need to re-write the code on each box in the entire ruleset.:(

phantomwhale
April 8th, 2011, 04:12
Sooooo.... the request is for scrollwheel to only operate when the CTRL key is pressed ? On all numeric, dice and custom (e.g. bennies) fields ?

Perhaps controlled by a preference (for those that prefer not to use the CTRL key) ?

VenomousFiligree
April 8th, 2011, 06:58
/me nods eagerly :D

phantomwhale
April 8th, 2011, 08:48
And... it's coded :ninja:

Have passed on a copy to my loyal play testers :D

Expect the fix in version 3.1 of the ruleset, coming as soon as I can get Smiteworks to release it (it's ready now) !

-PW-

Doswelk
April 8th, 2011, 08:59
Hows that for service...

A complete re-write in 4 hours! :eek:

We will play-test it on Tuesday. :)

PhantomWhale you are the :ninja::cool: god of rule set coding :D:D:D:D

VenomousFiligree
April 8th, 2011, 09:11
:D
Great stuff, will test tomorrow!
(Will have to spread around some Rep, before I can give you more ;) )

NEPHiLiX
April 16th, 2011, 00:16
And... it's coded :ninja:

Have passed on a copy to my loyal play testers :D

Expect the fix in version 3.1 of the ruleset, coming as soon as I can get Smiteworks to release it (it's ready now) !

-PW-

Brilliant!! Wow that was bloody quick...I'm going to have to start checking these forums more regularly now that you're at the helm of this project!

Thanks!!

phantomwhale
April 16th, 2011, 00:52
Well, did also introduce a bug with it where the players could modify all the mini-combat tracker values with their scroll wheels

"You miss". "No I didn't, look it's Parry is 2 no". "Hmmmm..."

But I've patched that now too ! Going to give the release one more full play test next week, then try and push the new version out.