PDA

View Full Version : Camelot (US TV show)

lazarus0280
April 7th, 2011, 10:08
If your a fan of the Arthurian Age, please, check out Starz networks Camelot. It's a pretty awesome show. Definately rated Mature so no kiddies. Nice spin on the old classic. Lots of good actors too. You can view the first episode for free, starz is promoting it so just google it. Here is the wiki....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelot_%28TV_series%29

Fantastic series from the looks of it. So, support it so more of them come out. Hope to hear back from many other fans.

(Again, this is an adult show, so please don't have your kids around if you do watch it.)

StuartW
April 7th, 2011, 21:37
Looks like it is no longer available.

lazarus0280
April 7th, 2011, 21:45
What's no longer available? The wiki link worked fine for me. Mellock and Nicole were able to stream it if that what your referring to.

StuartW
April 7th, 2011, 21:51
I typed _camelot starz_ into Google and quickly found myself in the Starz Screening Room for the first episode. The Screening Room said the episode was no longer available. I don't know who Mellock and Nicole are *sad*

Stuart

lazarus0280
April 7th, 2011, 22:03
Ah, really? That does suck. Well here ya go. One of these should def work for you. Let me know what ya think when you do finally get a chance to watch them.

https://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?/topic/271028-divx-camelot-2011/

Zeus
April 7th, 2011, 23:07
Very good. British cast as well :) Always nice watching the lovely Eva Green, particularly in the 2nd one. :eek:

VenomousFiligree
April 7th, 2011, 23:11
Looking good, will be watching this one :)

StuartW
April 8th, 2011, 17:32
Quite intriguing ... a bit protracted in the middle of the first episode, but that is often necessary to help cement the characters.

Good spot.

Stuart

lazarus0280
April 8th, 2011, 19:33
Not quite sure what I think of the guy playing Arthur. Just not quite what I picture. Everyone else I think was cast very well. The whole young Merlin approach is kind of cool, with that even being addressed in the script, with Ingraine's comments that he hadn't aged in the 20 years since he took the baby, and again at Arthur hinting that he (Merlin) had placed the sword up in the stones.

Next episode airs tonite, and I cannot wait!

Mellock
April 8th, 2011, 19:39
I thought it was pretty interesting. I enjoyed the new take on Merlin very much! -- I wish it was aired in lil' Belgium, but I can wait until I can get my paws on the DVD! -- Looking forward to it!

lazarus0280
April 16th, 2011, 05:09
Episode 4 aired tonite. It's up here... https://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?/topic/271028-divx-camelot-2011/ scroll down toward the bottom of first page.

StuartW
April 23rd, 2011, 17:05
Did Episode 5 air on Friday?

Stuart

lazarus0280
April 23rd, 2011, 20:36
No, looks like both Camelot and Game of Thrones took the week off. Guess because of it being a Holiday weekend with Easter and all. I was bummed. How you liking the series thus far Stuart?

StuartW
April 23rd, 2011, 22:02
I have mixed views: Camelot feels more 'complete' and the sex is for grown-ups; whereas Game of Thrones feels more 'work in progress' and the sex seems like it was aimed at sixteen-year-old boys.

On the other hand; the actor playing Arthur seems like a chinless dork; whereas the backstory behind Game of Thrones might have some really good mileage.

Having never read the Song of Ice and Fire, I'm not sure how much faith to put in Game of Thrones ... I'll certainly give it another two weeks before deciding whether or not to persevere.

Stuart

lazarus0280
April 24th, 2011, 11:02
Well the books for Game of Thrones are great. Thus far they haven't really veered to far from it, which bodes well for the series. I agree about the "adult content" though. Sex sells though as they say. Though it's more story driven within Camelot.

I agree 100% about the guy playing Arthur. They could of cast that sooo much better. Hoping he'll grow on me a bit as the season progresses. He comes across as a petulant kid.... though that is actually probablly what they were actually aiming for with this. He's young, dumb, and full of .... well you know... Merlin is forced to work fast to try and mold him, etc.

I am just enjoying the fact that fantasy genre is getting some love in television lately. Both projects seem well made, definately not low budget or b-movieish. So, for that alone I will continue supporting the shows, in the hopes that they'll continue to put out series' like this.

Now if only someone would pick up the Wheel of Time series and do something wonderful with that!

DNH
June 9th, 2011, 09:54
For those of you who are UK-based, Channel 4 begins airing Camelot on Saturday, 11 June at 9pm. I have seen the first six episodes and it's definitely worth a watch. It builds up quite well from the start and though it may depart from canon on a couple of points, that's forgiveable. Eva Green is wonderful, Claire Forlani is majestic and some of the fight scenes are rather good. My only real problem with it was Joseph Fiennes' constant scowling.

Game of Thrones is in a different league, mind!

Zeus
June 9th, 2011, 20:07
Good to know - I have been restricted to following both Camelot and Game of Thrones online up until now. Both are welcomed series but I think I am enjoying Game of Thrones more.

Now that I have seen the first 9 episodes of Camelot and 8 episodes of GoT, I am hoping they will both survive the critics and I look forward to seeing season 2.

DNH
June 10th, 2011, 10:28
GoT has already been confirmed for a second series (which is unusual these days for a quality US TV series - qv FlashForward, The Event, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip). I kinda doubt Camelot will but its writer Chris Chibnall (Life on Mars, Torchwood) is wily enough to let it stand alone but with enough wiggle room to expand into a further series and beyond, if need be. qv Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes.

StuartW
June 11th, 2011, 22:57
I confess to having given up on Camelot (it was going nowhere slowly, and the Arthur character was being acted abysmally, IMHO) but am really enjoying GoT in spite of its slow start. I haven't read the GoT books either, so perhaps that helps.

Stuart