PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting up port fowarding

moes1980
April 6th, 2011, 02:28
So, when trying to open my router box thingy so I can foward the port opening options, I typed in the password to get access to it and instead of going to my router it just gave me a blank web page. Any ideas?

cpbs
April 6th, 2011, 05:20
Could be the browser is incompatible with the router software. Trying opening it in another browser. If that doesn't work, try power cycling your cable and router. Then try, mine has done this to me a couple of time and those typically got it working again.

moes1980
April 6th, 2011, 05:53
Could be the browser is incompatible with the router software. Trying opening it in another browser. If that doesn't work, try power cycling your cable and router. Then try, mine has done this to me a couple of time and those typically got it working again.

I see, what exactly is power cycling? is that just unplugging them and than pluging them back in?

cpbs
April 6th, 2011, 06:18
Yeah usually, its power down both, power on the cable modem first, then power on the router second.

moes1980
April 6th, 2011, 07:16
Got it, thanks! It was a pain to get this set up (more cause of my lack of knowledge than anything else) but now that my connection test pased its gonna be awsome! So excited

cpbs
April 6th, 2011, 21:29
No problem and welcome to the community :)