PDA

View Full Version : CnC Ruleset update v2.06

Sorcerer
April 5th, 2011, 18:15
please find attached CnC extension-patch V2.06

This patch addresses the bug introduced in v2.05 whereby drop damage from a character sheet on a token or combat tracker would not roll.

Thanks go to vodokar for bringing it to my attention.

As usual this is a cumulative patch containing everything found in patches v2.01 - v2.05

additionally I have taken the opportunity to address a couple of other issues

notably:

1. a problem where the miscellaneous melee attack modifier box would not save to the database when the character sheet was closed

2. more of a design limitation than a bug. on the spell page the spells per level number actually only limited the number of times each individual spell could be memorized - it did not limit the total number of memorized spells of that level. This is now changed so that in any combination of spells the spells per level number is a real maximum. I have tried to test this under all circumstances, but the implementation was complex so if you see any problems let me know.

3. as a minor addition I have included the /inj chat window command [host only]. This command allows you to customize the display text of the 7 'injury status' labels use on the client combat tracker and in the chat window.
currently the 7 default injury levels are

1. Healthy
2. Injured
3. Badly Injured
4. Severely Injured
5. Unconscious
6. Dying
7. Dead

to change these type /INJ # newstatus

where # is a number from 1 to 7 and
newstatus is your new display text. The space on the combat tracker can display text of up to 19 characters. The command expects the first character to be a letter.

so for example if you are in a German speaking group you could type

/INJ 1 gesund

to change the status from healthy to gesund (the direct translation)

for the change to take effect the host must close his combat tracker (that means using the radial menu or the x - not clicking the button which actually just hides the tracker and does not close it).

these injury status changes are stored in the global registry so will apply to all C&C campaigns not just the one you are currently working on.

further Questions or problems let me know.

EDIT: ATTACHMENT Removed - Patch Superseded by v2.07, see separate thread.

vodokar
April 5th, 2011, 19:11
I would shake you hand, but I would burn myself, cause you are shitttt hot!

Thanks

Sakusammakko
April 5th, 2011, 19:14
Even though my group is on hiatus for the moment, I look forward to using these new features.

As always, much appreciated.

R

vodokar
April 7th, 2011, 21:04
Did some testing last night. It seems like things are working very well.

dr_venture
April 8th, 2011, 21:46
I found a couple of minor issues you might want to know about: both are in regards to the new max spell # calculating/restricting feature in the charsheets, and neither are very serious:

1) When you open existing characters that predate the latest release & have a number of spell slots (the checkable circles next to each spell) which exceeds your calculated maximum - when you start removing spell slots in preparation mode, the "Prepared" value at the top of the spell level can drop into the negative numbers (I have a cleric that is at -36, which relates to the 2nd issue below). Just FYI - obviously this won't be a problem in the future, but I can't find a way to reset that value to something normal in existing characters (beyond editing the db manually).

2) This is more of an observation than a 'bug': I still use the old D&D method of assigning daily spells for clerics - they don't have to pre-select their spells each day, but rather they get a number of spells per level that they can select on the fly (and actually, come to think of it, I might make low level wizard spells work this way too, as low level wizards are chumpy-enough already). Obviously, I can't do that anymore with the latest update.

I had been achieving this in the old ruleset by just setting each spell's slots to the maximum available for that level of spell, then just keeping an eye on the number of 'checks' to make sure the character wasn't casting too many per level. Now I think my workaround will be to not have the player preselect any spells, then when they use a spell during play, they can both assign the spell in preparation mode then immediately check it off. That will still allow me to see at a glance if they're keeping track of their spells properly (and given that my main player is a rather forgetful 14 year old, that's a likely scenario).

Neither is a perfect solution, but they both work fine. Just a FYI on the issue.

In the perfect world I'd love a check-box game option that would allow me to toggle the max spell rules on/off (or more clearly, between the original implementation and the current one), but I really don't think it's any kind of priority, as that wasn't a perfect solution either. Obviously feel free to ignore or just file the whole issue some place for later examination. Again, just FYI feedback.

dr_venture
April 9th, 2011, 00:40
Ok, FG/Sorcerer is ahead of me yet again - I hadn't noticed that the little icon in front of the character class title toggled between prepared/spontaneous mode. Dang, I keep finding little nuggets of functionality that make me happeh!!

Disregard comment #2 from above.

dr_venture
April 9th, 2011, 02:33
Hey Sorce, any idea how the 4e guys do the dialog bubble around spoken text in the chat window? Between that and the little portraits next to the text, it's easier to tell what's going on to me. That's a mod I might embark upon.

Sorcerer
April 9th, 2011, 10:03
*sigh*

yes No.1 is a bug, but it is one I thought I had already covered.
Seems that I wrote the code (a simple if its negative set to zero), but forgot to
insert it in the release version.

I will fix that when I release the NPC bug fix sometime in the next few days.

actually it is possible to get rid of the minus numbers without resorting to editing the db file (but its a little tricky), but its not supposed to work that way so it will be fixed.

glad you found the spontaneous mode. I would not have embarked on this update without it, because I also use spontaneous casting for (most) cleric classes. I started using it along time ago to get round the 'hospital effect' whereby players with clerical characters felt pressured into taking only healing spells. Which led to very few people wanting to play clerics.

dr_venture
April 9th, 2011, 17:09
Did you just add Spontaneous mode? You just have a knack for adding stuff that makes my day! And, FWIW, the cleric is where I'm seeing the -34 for the "prepared" spells, so setting it to Spontaneous eliminates the problem for me. I guess I was doing the wizard's spells correctly... what do you know?

Sorcerer
April 9th, 2011, 17:21
no Spontaneous mode was there all the time - i think it was part of the original D20 set.

I just meant that If it had not been available I would have left the memorization alone.

I am running some tests on the new patch I hope to put it up tomorrow (all being well).

and then I will just sit back and wait for further bug reports...