PDA

View Full Version : vampire the masq or vampire the req

americanbully
April 5th, 2011, 17:12
im trying to find a group that plays this. anyone out there? theres a few of us if anyone could do the story teller part.

StuartW
April 5th, 2011, 21:01
I'm not currently playing (and haven't done so for some time) but there are two rulesets available for the World of Darkness games, both aimed at the revised rules (so VtR rather than VtM):

PneumaPilot's NWoD ruleset (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/NWoD)
The WoD ruleset (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/World_of_Darkness) (originally built by me, now being updated by Saithan)

They both address the same rule system, but have a very different look and feel, and are not data-compatible.

Cheers

Stuart

Vishera
April 23rd, 2011, 22:41
I played VTM a LOT I even used to LARP it.. hit me up if you are considering a game!

americanbully
April 25th, 2011, 05:25
Well if anyone ever gets a game going please hit me up. I loved playing these games and it would be awesome to be able to play again

Galeric
April 26th, 2011, 22:20
I have been considering running a VTM game, I think the new stuff is junk(sorry that dont agree). My problem with doing WoD in FG is it does not allow you to do private stuff to easily(i promote A LOT of intrigue). Its so much easier to play in person. But it is something i might put together at some point down the road.

Edit - I just realized there is no rule set for the old version, which bums me out.

StuartW
April 26th, 2011, 22:24
I've never played VtM so I don't know if it is better or worse (if there can be such a distinction: gaming systems are often a matter of personal preference). As regards private chat, the WoD ruleset includes P2P whispers, P2Storyteller whispers and chat groups (for when the party splits up and you want each sub-party to have its own chat channel).

That said, it isn't everyone's cup of tea!

Stuart

drahkar
April 27th, 2011, 15:15
Personally I've played both and they both have their pros and cons. For example I will always love Mage the Ascension. Was a great setting and system. But I think I'm going to enjoy the Awakening too.

I certain;y would love to see a oWOD Ruleset, but its not going to ruin my day not to see one. Maybe someone will make one sometime in the future.

americanbully
April 28th, 2011, 02:19
i just missed playing a modern day game as a vamp.

americanbully
April 28th, 2011, 02:29
well anyways if anyone ever decides to start a game let me know.