PDA

View Full Version : Character sheet corruption

Callum
April 4th, 2011, 16:36
We had a very strange occurrence during our session yesterday (running d20 under 2.7.4 on my Vista PC). One of my players opened their character sheet to find all their abilities had been reset to 10, and various other information was missing or changed (such as skills, feats, and inventory). When I, as DM, opened his sheet, I could see the all the 10s, but the other information at first seemed unchanged to me. However, as I watched, multiple parts of the skills tab changed simultaneously, in real-time! Neither of us was editing it. I've no idea what might have caused this - does anyone else?

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2011, 06:24
I haven't seen this before, but any details you can share on actions leading up to issue would be great. Also, if you are able to reproduce consistently, that would be better. I can usually address reproducible issues in the next patch.

Thanks,
JPG

Callum
April 5th, 2011, 11:26
Sorry, JPG, I realise that my post wasn't very helpful. The trouble is, I was running a game, so it's hard for me to recall exactly what happened leading up to the incident. I can't remember anything out of the ordinary, other than the player in question had been held up and was late joining the session. It was the first time he'd opened his character sheet in that session, and I hadn't done anything in the campaign since the previous session.

I could guess that there had been some database corruption - though it seemed very specific - and maybe some lag in him getting the character data from my machine. But I couldn't understand how the data (or the display thereof) could change as I watched it!

Oberoten
April 6th, 2011, 03:09
Was everyone running the same version of the program? I have seen failing to do so giving some quite interesting results.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2011, 19:44
Yes, there was a bug in the client I found recently that allowed Unregistered clients to join to Ultimate hosts without performing the version check. It created some interesting issues when the client and host were mismatched.

Regards,
JPG