PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch

krazydave
March 30th, 2011, 18:41
I'm looking to start a game completely from scratch. I'm thinking about using the Basic Fantasy RPG retroclone that has been floating around (and is quite good) or playing Burning Wheel (for any of you who have actually heard of that). I might be convinced to play something like Pathfinder, but it isn't my first choice.

I'm looking to play on Monday and/or Tuesday afternoon's (starting at 11am or 12pm PST). play time would be 4-5 hours. I might be up for spur of the moment stuff when players are available.

This would be my first game in FG, so it would almost certainly be a bumpy ride. I have a full license, so players would need a player's license at least.

On the other hand, I'm also very interested in playing in a game as well, so if you are looking for another player that would be swell.

vodokar
March 30th, 2011, 20:47
There are lots of games going on all the time that you could jump in to, however, the prime gaming time is between 7 pm to 1 am.

You're likely going to find it very difficult to find anyone who is able to game during the day.

wbcreighton
March 30th, 2011, 22:00
As for finding someone to play: this is a perfect fit for anyone in the UK and Europe. They are about 8 hours ahead which puts it as a 7:00 or 8:00 pm start time.

The game I play in, starts at 11:00am PDT on Saturday and has a brit as GM. As long as you don't mind playing with guys who have funny accents you should do fine. :D

CAPryde
March 30th, 2011, 23:46
I'm more or less always looking to add players for my Monday-night game. The time isn't what you would prefer; we play from 7-9 pm, CDT. You can check out our Game Calendar entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=535) if you're interested.

krazydave
March 31st, 2011, 18:08
I'll keep that info in mind.

I'll check this stuff out, but I'm almost positive that time frame won't work out for my crappy schedule! :(