PDA

View Full Version : Converting an old custom ruleset

Insanity
March 30th, 2011, 18:28
Looking at converting an old ruleset I had worked on a few years ago, I think prior to FGII. Back then I had used the example 3.5 ruleset to see how things worked at such. I would like the same for the 4E ruleset, but can't find it. I ran the d20unpak.exe, but the folder "examples" did not appear.

Help?

Stitched
March 30th, 2011, 19:03
Did you update FG2 to the latest version (which has the 4e rules)?

Looking at converting an old ruleset I had worked on a few years ago, I think prior to FGII. Back then I had used the example 3.5 ruleset to see how things worked at such. I would like the same for the 4E ruleset, but can't find it. I ran the d20unpak.exe, but the folder "examples" did not appear.

Help?

Insanity
March 30th, 2011, 19:10
Yes, up to date with 2.7.4

Stitched
March 30th, 2011, 19:14
There should be a 4e PAK file in the root folder of FG2.

Yes, up to date with 2.7.4

Insanity
March 30th, 2011, 19:25
Correct, in the Program Files. I extracted it, but did not get scripts files or such, and when I attempted to load campaign with the files extracted, got error messages.

Stitched
March 30th, 2011, 19:36
What are you using to decompress the PAK file?

Using 7Zip, I got scripts and everything in it's own folder...

Correct, in the Program Files. I extracted it, but did not get scripts files or such, and when I attempted to load campaign with the files extracted, got error messages.

Insanity
March 30th, 2011, 19:40
Using the FGPEMUtility.exe app

Stitched
March 30th, 2011, 19:46
Try switching to winzip or winrar and see if that works.
I don't really know how old the FGPEMUtility program is.

Using the FGPEMUtility.exe app

Insanity
March 30th, 2011, 19:48
Winrar did the trick. I assumed .pak would work fine with the FGPEM app, apparently not.

Thanks.

I am sure more questions about the new scripts and such will follow as I progress in my conversion.