PDA

View Full Version : Because We Pleaded for Something to believe in.

MisterAmazing
March 29th, 2011, 19:36
We've been brought here for a reason. Be it fate or internal treason. Souls will be saved or mutiny's waged.

As we plead for something to believe in

The towering man would lean down, clasping the edge of a desk; leaning down close, face to face with a meek little recruit with glasses. “Every species can smell it’s own extinction and the last ones left-“The giant man paused, “-don’t have a pretty time with it.” He’d stand back, “And without us, in ten years time or so; the human race will just be a bed time story for the survivors children, a story... Nothing more.”

Surrounded only means you can charge in any direction.

Mountain spoke clearly and with pride, walking back and forth in front of the class. His shadow arched across the desks. His voice loud and booming as hands planted on the massive oak pedestal, “There is one thing that you must learn and must follow. That the Devil made this other World when God was sleeping, well the old bastard can thank us. Because we were WATCHING!” Slamming hand on the red oak desk in front of the class room. "Bringing me to my next law...- “ Pacing in front of the students; all ages from all professions waited in the hopeful ranks. You gathered in a section. “There is only one race!” Bringing his hand upwards, “And that is Human Kind.” Finger jabbed at the captive audience. “There is a world out there, one we don’t know, a world that doesn’t tell us or warn us before it strikes, what it wants and hell even how it functions is beyond us. But it’s after all of it, kiddies and we don’t got time for rogues. I EAT Rogues.” Thumbing barrel chest. And so began your training.

Most of your starting class has washed out; Either killed by some unspeakable spell, mauled and mutilated by a vicious star spawned monstrosity, or merely walked out. Taking that long walk down the black corridor; no one would see them again and you had little time for care, test after test. They did their best to drive home one infallible notion, “The Universe is not friendly. It doesn’t care. It doesn’t need you or want you. And it will kill you. All you have is other humans.”

The weeks passed into a year; you learned about death, you learned fear and beyond all you knew how to hate. Not a blind hate, but a real hate; a hate for the gods and monsters that think they can come to our true home and **** with us? They taught you to care not just about yourself, but the race as whole. No petty wars mattered, fake lines dictating the path you could and couldn’t go meant **** all. More importantly then that you didn’t think about yourself first, you thought about your family of Humans; the Human race must live, no matter how minuscule, sad and petty we are. Hate runs strong and you embrace it, it doesn’t destroy you, you don’t go into fits of uncontrolled aggression; you merely exist as a stewing pot of knowledge and spite. Because you know there is wolves in the house and they mate at night, under the madness and strife and hell knows, they won’t make nice.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=612

MisterAmazing
March 29th, 2011, 19:44
You finished your training, a black uniform and the emblem of the Quake show brightly to the darkened pit. The torch lights emitting the flickering luminescence, the leaders of this selection of Quake towering over the new blood; Mountain , the biggest, looking down from a marble staircase. “Welcome to the Blood Pact! May death find you! May you slay him! We shall make sure... DEATH SHALL DIE!” Dinner plate sized mitt was stretched up into the air and the crowd around erupted in a call of death, thundering the ground beneath your feet. “Quake! Quake QUAKE!” It began to get louder, the cacophony of noise thudding against your eardrums; Do you join in? Be apart of the Blood Pact, the most distinguished sector among the Quake; also the highest fatality rate recorded among the collected Brotherhood.

MisterAmazing
March 29th, 2011, 19:47
Last one: Promise. =P
Blood Pact Doctrine

Because it gives us something to believe in.

1. The Blood Pact does not preach or teach hate, hate is an acquired knowledge and each man must learn it on his own. For when hate is learned through lessons in life, it is powerful and unyielding; take pride in your hate, for it may save you.
2. A Blood Pact member will put the clan first and foremost, your life is nothing without the Pact and the Pact is nothing without your life. Second to his Family and third to his community; for these all affect the Pact. A strong community will help weed out the parasites.
3. A Blood Pact member acknowledges that his body/mind is a weapon in its self; kept sharp and strong. Never fragile or weakened by self doubt or a poor life style.
4. Blood Pact members are the ones destined for something different, the ones fate left behind to forge a new path; as the Blood Pact, your name will be remembered.
5. Blood Pact family units are strong and healthy; free of abuse and hate. It is wrong to impose your hate on someone else, hate crimes and acts of blind violence are not the way of the Blood Pact.
6. A Blood Pact member will stand tall and proud in the face of injustice, using his weapon of hate to protect the weary and tired. To cower from a call of glory, is a fate worse then death for all men.
7. Blood Pact members transverse the roads less traveled, the cold and lonely cobble stones the wicked use for their homes. A Pact member has no where to go and welcomes an early grave, if it meant he could change the life of a besieged people.
8. A Pact member is truly alone on the field, for we shall fall; One by one, till we are all alone. But we don't shrink inside as we depart on our roads, take solace in the bitterness of our Doctrine. Know your name is sorrow, a friend of misery and woe be to the ones who impose cruelty on the innocent.
9. A Pact member is damned if he cowers away from corruption; two against one, is odds in favor of the Pact.
10. A Blood Pact member has nothing left to lose but the Pact; for we truly had nothing at the start.
11. A Pact member will never give up, failure is a tool of the weak and cruel; the glorious don't fail.
12. A Pact member values honor above all; without honor, we are no better then the dark decay we try to push away.
13. The Blood Pact fights for a better world; one we have no place in, but our children will know and cherish.
14. And for most, you as a Pact member, understand that your flesh is only temporary and our mission is extraordinary. If a Pact member is to fall, it is the duty of the Pact to complete the mission and bring justice to the guilty.
15. This war of light is in a Pact members blood; Creed and religion shall not make the Pact member. His duty to the Pact is all that he is.
16. A Blood Pact member is a great punishment of Fate, if the wicked had not committed great sins; Fate would not have sent a punishment like us upon them.
17. A Blood Pact member does not directly oppose a stronghold; a Pact member steps back and watches for error then exploits; Always look for error in the most impossible of odds
18. A Pact member can distinguish between a good man being played as a pawn and an evil man committing desires. Some men are just fools and not in themselves evil.
19. A Pact member must be foremost honest with himself. The Pact does not need head long suicide, we need change. When the yoke becomes to heavy, walk away. Keep your honor. Failure is the gravest of dishonor to a individual and to the Pact as a whole.
20. A Pact member can not suffer over the lost, for they still watch our momentum. A member understands that all life comes to a end and with an honorable life lived; be it towards the end or from the start, there -has- to be a place for the honorable.
21. The Pact is a fragile wave, gaining momentum. Each new member is either pushing or pulling against the Pact. Secrecy is by far the up most law of the Pact. “Loose lips sink tight ships.”
22. In the Final Golden Days; We are the last Amazing Grays.

“For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth “ - Exodus 9:15

VenomousFiligree
March 30th, 2011, 00:06
Well, if I've got nothing else to do, I 'spose I could drag myself along.... :)

Momesso36
April 5th, 2011, 08:21
I believe I have what it takes in sending my PC's to a fate worse than dea...I mean stopping the unnamable evil looking to subjugate the human race...count me in!!

MisterAmazing
April 14th, 2011, 17:47
I believe I have what it takes in sending my PC's to a fate worse than dea...I mean stopping the unnamable evil looking to subjugate the human race...count me in!!

Sure a new Quake game will be rolling around, send me a PM with your best times to play.