PDA

View Full Version : new campaign: the thing that happened

inuroku842
March 27th, 2011, 07:16
I'm hosting up a new pathfinder game, would anyone like to join?
The game is already started and most slots are filled, however, the players are requesting the last slot to be filled by a caster type. We have a fighter, barbarian, 2 rogues, wizard, and a cleric. The game is on saturday nights at 5 pm central (-6gmt) using the pathfinder rulesetting, anything on this site is okay with me https://www.d20pfsrd.com/. anything else take up with me. Apply here and/or on the campaign page on the game calendar. include time zone, and brief character description. Please, if you cannot commit to the game on the given time, please do not apply as session lengths may vary.

This is just a description of the intro setting, enjoy and let me know what you think.

You and your companions live in the area known as Barton Town, a small farming town settled between two rivers. The town rests on a peninsula with a coastline surrounded by the Spraying Mountains. Even miles inland, the smell of the ocean slightly fills the air coming down from the mountains to fill the bowl. The town is surrounded for miles around by crop lands of all sorts, each farmer only producing a specific crop.
Barton Town rests in the middle of the only fertile land on the peninsula and in the valley between the the surrounding mountain ranges. The crops and cattle are the primary source of economic wealth the town has, with its meager population and small variety of specialties. Few people have ever left Barton Town, and most are grandfathered into their occupations. You, however, have not been given a job of your own yet; instead you help out around town as directed and are cared for by the owner of the only inn, the Rabbit Hole. Your parents left town years ago as part of a large group going to Caramon to barter for a new trade route to Barton Town. While their mision succeeded, they have not been seen since.
Each year the Summer Solstice celebrates the healthy growth of the crops. Citizens come from miles around to patyicipate in the three day event. The Summer Solstice is the biggest celebration of the year, bigger even than the Winter's Heart Feast. Merchants come through the mountain pass from the city of Caramon to trade for the abundance spring and summer fruits and bring with them gleemen to entertain at the festival. The neighboring town of Kaldor from across the rivers bring mined gold and iron as tribute for providing them with constant food from the only nearest fertile ground.

inuroku842
March 29th, 2011, 17:58
I am a fairly experienced DM and I have a lot of fun and new ideas aI am wanting to try with an open party. I am also willing to work in some cool ideas any of my players have. If anyone has any ideas that they would like to see worked into a campaign or a session let me know. I am trying to break away from the same old boring "go kill the bad guys and get massive amounts of cash. yay."

krazydave
March 30th, 2011, 00:51
sounds like fun. i'd be up for seeing where it goes...

inuroku842
March 31st, 2011, 00:12
sounds like fun. i'd be up for seeing where it goes...go ahead and apply for the campaign, it'll start in may and I still need players. the campaign name is the OTHER thing that happened on the game calendar.

Vishera
April 9th, 2011, 07:44
ill start on some character creation, though I havent played PF yet I may need a little help just to get going. I can do pretty much any night but thursday..

inuroku842
April 9th, 2011, 17:10
okay, well first session is today at 5pm -6 gmt. i can help you out with whatever you need. pf is a lot like 3.5, i can help you out with the changes

MikeParham
April 10th, 2011, 00:54
While I've never played Pathfinder, I am curious as to how it plays. I've heard that it is similar to 3.5 D&D, with which I am very familiar with. Does your game have voice chat or is it strictly typing? I am a terrible typist (over 50 yrs old here), but an experienced roleplayer.

If your game is not full, I may be interested in playing an elven monk type.

inuroku842
April 10th, 2011, 06:54
While I've never played Pathfinder, I am curious as to how it plays. I've heard that it is similar to 3.5 D&D, with which I am very familiar with. Does your game have voice chat or is it strictly typing? I am a terrible typist (over 50 yrs old here), but an experienced roleplayer.

If your game is not full, I may be interested in playing an elven monk type.feel free to join. the name of the game is the OTHER thing that happened. It plays very similar to 3.5, but is amped up and simplified. characters and classes get more bonuses, and theyve simplified some of the skills and combat. for example, dwarves get +2 con and wis -2 cha instead of a +2 and -2; spot, search, and listen have been grouped into one skill called perception; you simply make a combat manuever check versus an opposed combat manuever defense roll to use special actions such as bull rush, etc. I have slots open and I can work you right in. Today was the first session, but it was mostly character creation. I can work you into next week's with no problem.

Grey Tail
April 10th, 2011, 07:51
feel free to join. the name of the game is the OTHER thing that happened. It plays very similar to 3.5, but is amped up and simplified. characters and classes get more bonuses, and theyve simplified some of the skills and combat. for example, dwarves get +2 con and wis -2 cha instead of a +2 and -2; spot, search, and listen have been grouped into one skill called perception; you simply make a combat manuever check versus an opposed combat manuever defense roll to use special actions such as bull rush, etc. I have slots open and I can work you right in. Today was the first session, but it was mostly character creation. I can work you into next week's with no problem.

Any Chance you could help me out on building my character if you're available some time?

inuroku842
April 10th, 2011, 16:02
Any Chance you could help me out on building my character if you're available some time?I can host the game up today at 2pm cst (-6 gmt) for character creation. I'll help you out with the character creation, shouldn't be a problem.

Grey Tail
April 10th, 2011, 21:15
I can host the game up today at 2pm cst (-6 gmt) for character creation. I'll help you out with the character creation, shouldn't be a problem.
Having problems connecting,

inuroku842
April 10th, 2011, 21:17
Having problems connecting,
now try, don't know what could be wrong, everything's fine on my end. what is it saying when u try to connect?

ironur
April 11th, 2011, 01:36
im off this wensday and thursday, I'l like to paly too

inuroku842
April 11th, 2011, 02:38
im off this wensday and thursday, I'l like to paly too
Awesome. Come on in then. Game times are set to Saturdays at 5pm cst (-6 gmt). If you'd like to join, apply on the campaign page on the game calendar, the OTHER thing that happened.

Alishis
April 11th, 2011, 09:08
I want to join u game i like FG II and i have played some :D can u say me how i join ?

ironur
April 14th, 2011, 01:22
im ready to play :D

inuroku842
April 14th, 2011, 02:26
im ready to play :D
Put some character info on the page, would you be able to commit to the Saturdays at 5 pm cst? (-6 gmt)

ironur
April 14th, 2011, 20:39
sure im off saturdays

Grey Tail
April 17th, 2011, 19:17
Bump!
Great campaign, Great DM, Great experience. I think we have room for one more.

inuroku842
April 19th, 2011, 00:14
Bump!
Great campaign, Great DM, Great experience. I think we have room for one more.
Awesome! Well I'm glad you liked it. Was tryin some new things, glad to hear they worked, I'm still gettin the hang of this DM'ing thing, lol. But ya, we definitely have room for one more.

Iyasu
May 10th, 2011, 00:03
I'd love to offer myself up here as the extra player.

I'm an experienced 3.5e and pathfinder player. I'm also now learning 4e on a friday game I'm in.

Any day works for me except thursday nights (unless its past 7PMish) Hit me up and we'll hammer out my joining!

inuroku842
May 10th, 2011, 05:47
I'd love to offer myself up here as the extra player.

I'm an experienced 3.5e and pathfinder player. I'm also now learning 4e on a friday game I'm in.

Any day works for me except thursday nights (unless its past 7PMish) Hit me up and we'll hammer out my joining!Alrighty then. As it turns, we may just have an opening. this forum is a bit outdated, need to edit it, lol. But I have a bit of a problem player and I don't forsee him getting better so we may have an opening in the very near future.
Game times are every Saturday at 5pm central (-6gmt). what type of character do you plan on playing? Thus far we have a barbarian, ranger, fighter, 2x rogue, cleric, and wizard. Go ahead and apply for my campaign on the game calendar. it is called the OTHER thing that happened.

Iyasu
May 10th, 2011, 13:38
Alrighty then. As it turns, we may just have an opening. this forum is a bit outdated, need to edit it, lol. But I have a bit of a problem player and I don't forsee him getting better so we may have an opening in the very near future.
Game times are every Saturday at 5pm central (-6gmt). what type of character do you plan on playing? Thus far we have a barbarian, ranger, fighter, 2x rogue, cleric, and wizard. Go ahead and apply for my campaign on the game calendar. it is called the OTHER thing that happened.

Hmm I can't seem to find it in the GameCalendar section. Maybe its set to not be accepting players at the moment?

The 5PM Central works perfect for me since it's my timezone. Texas, Woo! As far as class goes I'll have to give the system a quick once over again to remember all the pathfinder classes. Are any of those 7 the trouble player? If so I may be able to fill in that class slot.

inuroku842
May 10th, 2011, 16:10
Fixed it so you should be able to see it. Anyway, don't worry about filling a class slot, just play the character YOU want to play. Glad you are in the same time zone, Texas here as well, lol. As long as you can commit to the game and participate in the sessions I can make room for you, even if I wind up not having to boot someone.
Hmm I can't seem to find it in the GameCalendar section. Maybe its set to not be accepting players at the moment?

The 5PM Central works perfect for me since it's my timezone. Texas, Woo! As far as class goes I'll have to give the system a quick once over again to remember all the pathfinder classes. Are any of those 7 the trouble player? If so I may be able to fill in that class slot.

Iyasu
May 10th, 2011, 20:55
Great great! Signed up then. I sent you some details in a PM when I was being 'derp' and didn't read your updated post. Hit me up with a PM reply with alias, character info (level, wealth, etc), allowed books (only pathfinder or some 3.5e allowed for example) and anything else you can think of you'd like me to know.

Lookin forward to saturday.

inuroku842
May 15th, 2011, 06:57
The players have requested a new caster type. Would anyone be up for filling the slot? Looking for laid back players, fun of the game, chill out, crack open a virtual beer/mtn dew, lol

Archamus
May 16th, 2011, 04:20
I would love to be able to get in on a game and caster types are my preference.

You play 5pm central time right? About how long do the sessions last? I have a pathfinder game I'm supposed to start running every once in a while with some friends and that will most likely be on Saturday as well.

inuroku842
May 16th, 2011, 04:40
I would love to be able to get in on a game and caster types are my preference.

You play 5pm central time right? About how long do the sessions last? I have a pathfinder game I'm supposed to start running every once in a while with some friends and that will most likely be on Saturday as well.
Sounds cool. Well then, a few questions. What class would you play as? For casters we have a wizard and a cleric so far, in case you were wondering. Also, what's your playing style? Do you have a problem with house rules/light rules? I'm still a learning DM and don't know every single rule, and others I just don't abide by.
We do run the sessions at 5pm central time, and they go till about 10-11ish. Find out what time your Saturday games will be, but I would suggest not having two games in the same day, I generally don't like that. (a session generally lasts around 4-5 hours, and I don't know many people that'll be up at 10 or 11 am on saturday for D&D, lol).

Archamus
May 16th, 2011, 05:09
Sounds cool. Well then, a few questions. What class would you play as?

I've been itching to play a Summoner or Alchemist from the Advanced Player's Guide, but I have no problem going the route of Wizard or Sorcerer if your group is looking for more spell power than those classes can wield.

I'm also somewhat interested in the words of power stuff and the Magus from the Ultimate Magic book coming out soon. I've already bought that PDF and it is being released on Wednesday, so if that book is going to be allowed, I may change my mind about what I want to play come Wednesday.

Also, what's your playing style? Do you have a problem with house rules/light rules?

I'm pretty laid back. I do enjoy playing by the rules, partially because I don't have much experience with pathfinder, but I never expect DMs to know them all. I'll usually keep the Pathfinder SRD open while playing to I can reference the rules as we go and will happily look stuff up for others.

That being said I'm also not opposed to house rules. I have some pretty big house rules of my own, because of things I don't agree with (like sorcerers using charisma to cast spells). If I really disagree strongly with a ruling you make, I'll let you know and then move on with the game.

We do run the sessions at 5pm central time, and they go till about 10-11ish. Find out what time your Saturday games will be, but I would suggest not having two games in the same day, I generally don't like that. (a session generally lasts around 4-5 hours, and I don't know many people that'll be up at 10 or 11 am on saturday for D&D, lol).

My other group won't be playing every weekend and won't be at a set time. I get to decide when we play and we're rarely going to all be available. So there may be some days where I have the session to run for my friends on a Saturday, but there won't be any conflict.

If all of that sounds good to you, what level, setting, adventure path player's guide for character traits, or other info unique to your campaign should I know about?

inuroku842
May 16th, 2011, 14:37
I've been itching to play a Summoner or Alchemist from the Advanced Player's Guide, but I have no problem going the route of Wizard or Sorcerer if your group is looking for more spell power than those classes can wield.

I'm also somewhat interested in the words of power stuff and the Magus from the Ultimate Magic book coming out soon. I've already bought that PDF and it is being released on Wednesday, so if that book is going to be allowed, I may change my mind about what I want to play come Wednesday.

I'm pretty laid back. I do enjoy playing by the rules, partially because I don't have much experience with pathfinder, but I never expect DMs to know them all. I'll usually keep the Pathfinder SRD open while playing to I can reference the rules as we go and will happily look stuff up for others.

That being said I'm also not opposed to house rules. I have some pretty big house rules of my own, because of things I don't agree with (like sorcerers using charisma to cast spells). If I really disagree strongly with a ruling you make, I'll let you know and then move on with the game.

My other group won't be playing every weekend and won't be at a set time. I get to decide when we play and we're rarely going to all be available. So there may be some days where I have the session to run for my friends on a Saturday, but there won't be any conflict.

If all of that sounds good to you, what level, setting, adventure path player's guide for character traits, or other info unique to your campaign should I know about?
Hey, play whatever character you want to play as. Anything from the pathfinder srd site https://www.d20pfsrd.com/ is fair game to use. However, in that same sense, only what's on the site can be used. If the Magus stuff makes its way up there, I'd have no problem with it.
I'm still getting used to pathfinder myself, converted a few months ago and haven't looked back, lol. I keep the srd open during play as well and constantly tab back and forth between fg and the srd. If you disagree with something, just whisper it to me on fg or send me a pm, and we can work it out. Generally though, I'm not out to screw over the players.
All sounds good though. I'll pm ya.