PDA

View Full Version : Trying shop the Store and...

Kingfish
March 27th, 2011, 04:29
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but, here goes.

I've never had ANY issue with the FG Store before...below is the message I get from Firefox when I try to open the Store now:

-----------
This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to www.fantasygrounds.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

www.fantasygrounds.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

I Understand the Risks

ddavison
March 29th, 2011, 03:45
I wonder if it could be a caching error of some sort with Firefox. We updated the SSL cert a little while back and the new one is from RapidSSL. I can confirm the same issue on my local Firefox but not in IE or Chrome.

Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into it and see if there is a way to remedy the warning. The site should be safe to use though. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zeus
March 29th, 2011, 09:55
This is a known problem with the latest versions of Firefox, its nothing to do with the FGII website aside from the fact the website is using a certificate that Firefox is unable to verify.

See here (https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/This%20connection%20is%20untrusted) for more information. The workaround is to create an exception or for Smiteworks to use a certificate provider that works with Firefox.

I hit the same problem two weeks ago whilst working on-site with one of my clients. They use VeriSign and still experience problems.

Leonal
March 29th, 2011, 10:12
Use Opera or Chrome. ;)

Valarian
March 29th, 2011, 13:22
It looks as though the RapidSSL CA certificate isn't in the listings of authorities for Firefox. It's therefore coming up as an unauthenticated server certificate for the website. Looks like the other browsers recognise the provider as valid but Firefox doesn't

Kingfish
March 29th, 2011, 21:09
I will send my dissatisfaction to Mozilla(for whatever good it will do) and I will try that fix.

As for changing...I am an extreme creature of habit. It took me 4 mo. to get use to Firefox after using Explorer forEVER. I don't think I can handle another switch so soon. :)