PDA

View Full Version : Parser Issue with Heroes of Fallen Lands

lazarus0280
March 26th, 2011, 20:01
Thank you to those that have helped me with other issues. As I am not proficient really in XML I have a hard time knowing what I should be looking for. Alright first I'll show the error I got while Parsing.....

3/26/2011 2:22:35 PM : ERROR:System.Xml.XmlException: The '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C, cannot be included in a name. Line 7279, position 24.

</featureEpicResilience>

*** <itemPotionOfRecovery<spanClass=_milevel_>Level25CommonPower-Consumable>
<name type="string">Potion of Recovery<span class="milevel">Level 25 Common Power - Consumable</name>
<recharge type="string">Consumable</recharge>
<action type="string">Minor Action</action>
<source type="string">Item</source>
<description type="formattedtext"><table><tr><td><b>Effect:</b>Drink the potion and spend a healing surge. Instead of the hit points you would normally regain, you regain 50 hit points and make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save can end.</td></tr></table></description>

Alright, so.... I uploaded the db.xml into XML copy editor and pulled up the line in question.

<itemPotionOfRecovery<spanClass=_milevel_>Level25CommonPower-Consumable>

that is what i see on that line. So in the error message it says position 24. Is that the 24th character on the line where the error begins. Basically, I trying to deduce what the error message is that I'm getting and how to read it. So if anyone could maybe breakdown the error message, or guide me to a resource I can look through to help me with editing my XML when i get these errors would be awesome.

Again thank you for taking the time to help me. Forgive my ignorance, as I am new to this.

Griogre
March 26th, 2011, 20:37
In one of the fairly recent iterations of the DDI Conpendium, WotC added span tags into their magic item data. Open the mi text and find the spand tag it's everything from < to > - mass find and replace this tag, it should be all the same through out the file to a space. The parser does not expect to find any HTML tags in the data and an extra space will just be stripped out.

Note: You will have to do this in any module that has magic items, which is a good many of the player ones.

Zeus
March 26th, 2011, 23:37
lazarus0280 - As Griogre has already stated just do a mass find and replace of <span class="milevel"> with a whitespace in the mi.txt file.

I have only responded as you asked me to take a look in the other thread you had open requesting help.

lazarus0280
March 27th, 2011, 04:45
Once again, thank you for the help. besides the item tag, is there any other common errors i should be aware of ahead of time? I'm taking copious notes here!