PDA

View Full Version : Jaws of the Six Serpents [PDQ] Extension

VenomousFiligree
March 25th, 2011, 11:07
A Jaws of the Six Serpents Character sheet for the Base Ruleset.

dlinacre
March 30th, 2011, 12:23
Thanks for this Murgh! Really helpful :-)

I'm desperately trying (in vain) to create some sort of module monster library for this also. But my xml skills are nil to poor. The last four hours have seen me hit brick walls, even after reading the guide someone made. I can get the library to show up in the ruleset, but modifying the monsters from one system to another is way too advanced for me.

Would anybody be able to create one sample monster using the PDQ system and make it as a .mod monster library for me? I'm pretty sure I could then expand it myself. I just need some form of template to work from.

VenomousFiligree
March 30th, 2011, 13:00
I can have a look tonight, if no one else does before hand.

dlinacre
March 30th, 2011, 13:55
I'd really appreciate that Murgh, thanks!

VenomousFiligree
March 30th, 2011, 18:18
try this one, needs to be renamed to jotsstest.mod

dlinacre
March 30th, 2011, 21:48
Yeah that works, thanks very much! It adds a tab under personalities that I can add monsters to and such. Maybe that was where I was going wrong last time cos I was trying to get it under the library section.

Thanks Murgh. Once again come to my aid :-)

VenomousFiligree
March 30th, 2011, 23:03
No problem :)

Do you want it under the library section?

dlinacre
March 30th, 2011, 23:24
Nah, it works fine where it is, to be honest. Unless you want to change it, of course.

I'd benefit from being able to add a paragraph of text for each creature from somewhere within the xml file, though. Like being able to add creature descriptions and how many are typically encountered. Not sure if that would involve major work though, so I'm fine and dandy with what I've got. Don't want to push my luck with my DM, after all ... heheh.

JMOxx75
July 5th, 2011, 02:37
Where do you get the Base Ruleset from? NVM i found the wiki.

JMOxx75
October 23rd, 2011, 21:18
Do you use the combat tracker at all while playing JOTSS?

Also, anyone know how to write a script for the numberfields damage and failure that when they are changed it automatically changes the current numberfield? There is some confusion that a single point of damage reduces the rank which takes the current down 2 instead of 1 but the players only see the 1 in the damage and think they still get a +1.

VenomousFiligree
October 24th, 2011, 04:48
I used the tracker for turn management, as I had a large group. Not sure what you mean about damage?

JMOxx75
October 24th, 2011, 23:35
Every point of damage reduces the rank temporarily. A rank is 2 points different. So 1 point of damage makes a Good [+2]Quality become an Average [0]quality. My players were thinking that 1 point of damage only changed the Rank of the quality by 1.

Also they would double click the "Current" box to get their quality added to the modifier stack and since the damage/failure ranks are not connected to it they were getting full benefit from qualities with damage or failure ranks.

If a script could be made that adjusted the "Current" numberfield when the Failure or Damage numberfield was changed then keeping damage straight would be simple.

VenomousFiligree
October 25th, 2011, 18:17
I believe damage is as I've done:

Damage is:
...effectively downshifts to the character's listed abilities that last at least the length of the current conflict...

Downshifts:
...cause a roll to be made as if the Quality were one Rank lower, essentially giving -2 to the roll...

When I wrote the extension my coding was limited (now my coding is still limited :) ) and it was a sheet that you changed yourself, just like pen and paper.

I'm busy with other projects at the moment, I might be able to take a look later.