PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds crash

VenomousFiligree
March 23rd, 2011, 01:08
Had two crashes tonight whilst editing story frames. These can be reproduced using the standard Savage Worlds ruleset on a new campaign.

I am using Crossover on a Mac.

Open a new story frame, type some text, hit enter two times backspace twice -FG freezes.

If anyone wants anything else let me know! :)

phantomwhale
March 23rd, 2011, 13:40
I said 'Doctor, it crashes when I do this'. 'Well don't do it, then' - Tommy Cooper (almost)

Oh yeah see what you mean, doing that certainly freezes up Fantasy Grounds. It also makes mine crash with the attached error screen - one I might I have seen on occasion before when loading Fantasy Grounds (think it's basically FGII upsetting DirectX from what minuscule knowledge I have of such things).

Afraid I'm going to pass the buck on fixing it though - I can recreate the bug using the 3.5E and BRP ruleset. Oddly I'm also getting the error even trying to LOAD a new 4E ruleset now ! Maybe a reboot will fix that...

But in any case, seems like something built into the core engine; moon_wizard / anyone else, care to confirm ?

Regards,
Ben

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2011, 23:46
The fix was queued up for v2.8. Since it's taking longer than expected, I plan to back-port that fix into the v2.7.5 test version later today.

Regards,
JPG