PDA

View Full Version : My next GURPS demo game?

ronnke
March 21st, 2011, 14:01
I want to run another demo GURPS game, what would people like to play?

Some ideas I have been thinking over are:

Bladerunner: The PC's play a short adventure in which they are Bladerunners hunting down and retiring replicants. Based on the movie Bladerunner.

Robotech (Invid Invasion): The PC's are military/civilian freedom fighters engaged in a guerrilla war against an alien race that has invaded the Earth. This game would feature anime style transformable mecha.

Infinite Worlds: The PC's are time traveling agents that must travel back to ancient Rome to stop a enemy agent from meddling with the timeline.

Covert Ops: Terrorists have acquired an old Soviet nuclear warhead. The PC's must find it before the terrorists can leave the country with it.

These are just some of the ideas I have, but I am open to whatever people would like to play.

Anyone interested, or have some suggestions?

demonsbane
March 21st, 2011, 14:31
I want to run another demo GURPS game, what would people like to play? (. . .)

Bladerunners sounds cool to me. And you know, I like the Cyberpunk genre.

damned
March 22nd, 2011, 02:46
if you ever run one of these after 8pm on a Friday or Saturday I would be up for any genre...

Crymsin-Wolf
March 22nd, 2011, 07:13
I'd be interested, any setting is fine for me, and friday and saturday would be good days for me as well. Dunno exactly how to use FG though, so might need to be patient with me to get the hang of it.

ronnke
March 22nd, 2011, 07:29
I run the demos to give people both a feel for Fantasy Grounds, and also the GURPS ruleset.

So all is good, I don't mind explaining things as we go.

Those expressing an interest, could you please also indicate your timezone when detailing your availability. It will help me organise a time that accommodates the majority.

Crymsin-Wolf
March 22nd, 2011, 07:32
Ok, sounds good. GMT+10 here, I'll probably be available on Fridays and Saturdays, but depending on the time, I might be available other times. Weekdays tend to be taken up by school.

damned
March 22nd, 2011, 10:19
woohoo - another AU timezone... :)
im in +11 (soon to be +10) but I guess you know that by now...
i also havent played in rpg in a long time
i have at least a dozen different rpgs scattered throughout the house though and am willing to try just about anything.
my preference would be for something along fantasy lines but i also recently bought original traveller but I think that would prolly take way too long for a 'demo' game... if you are willing to go to the effort to gm a game i'll take whatever is on offer...

ronnke
March 23rd, 2011, 08:45
To the Aussies that have expressed an interested, how does a demo session this Saturday evening 26th Mar at around 7pm suit (8pm Sydney)?

For the non Australians, this would be around Saturday 26th at 9am (GMT).

damned
March 23rd, 2011, 09:11
i can do that.
i havent played any rpg in a long time and am just starting to play with fg. if there is anything i should read or do or learn or install before hand please let me know. even if this session doesnt go ahead let me know so i can prepare anyways...

ronnke
March 23rd, 2011, 10:28
If you want to get a basic understanding of the GURPS system, then download GURPS Lite. This is a free entry level version of GURPS. If you read and understand this, then you will be able to follow the demo session with no problems at all.

GURPS Lite (Free Download)
https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004

Another piece of software that you will need to have installed apart from FG, is teamspeak.

This is a free download and can be found at:
https://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

I will post further details here as required.

damned
March 23rd, 2011, 22:04
have installed teamspeek and am half way thru the lite ruleset.

ThirstyBob
March 24th, 2011, 01:33
I am interested in learning GURPS, the bladerunner thing sounds cool. I, personally, would probably prefer a fantasy setting because that is what I'm used to, but anything to learn the system pretty much. I'm pretty much available whenever, except friday and saturday, already got games on those days. Might be dropping out of the friday one though, so we'll see.

ronnke
March 24th, 2011, 21:12
I have created a calendar entry for this game session. Please submit a request to join if you intend on playing this weekend. The calendar has the additional information you need, such as the server alias and password.

FG Game Calendar
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=606

The exact genre of the game session has not been decided, but it will either be Fantasy or Cyberpunk (Bladerunner). Regardless, pre-generated characters will be used.

I have an ultimate license so you can join the game with an unregistered Fantasy Grounds.

The session time
Brisbane (Australia) Saturday, 26 March 2011 at 7:00:00 PM
Sydney/Melbourne (Australia) Saturday, 26 March 2011 at 8:00:00 PM
London (U.K.) Saturday, 26 March 2011 at 9:00:00 AM
Los Angeles (U.S.A.) Saturday, 26 March 2011 at 2:00:00 AM
New York (U.S.A.) Saturday, 26 March 2011 at 5:00:00 AM
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Saturday, 26 March 2011 at 09:00:00

ronnke
March 24th, 2011, 21:21
BTW. If you are joining this game session, please feel free to indicate the genre(setting) you would prefer to play.

ThirstyBob
March 24th, 2011, 22:30
DISCWORLD! But I can't play on the weekend unless it's on sunday. :(

damned
March 24th, 2011, 22:59
preference is fantasy but really dont mind trying something new...
i didnt see server details... will go back for another look...

ronnke
March 25th, 2011, 04:27
DISCWORLD! But I can't play on the weekend unless it's on sunday. :(

Discworld is penciled in for next week.

Crymsin-Wolf
March 25th, 2011, 06:34
I'm used to fantasy as well, but I wouldn't mind something different either.

ronnke
March 25th, 2011, 07:33
Then we will go with what people are used to, so Fantasy it is.

ronnke
March 25th, 2011, 10:19
Those that have applied to the game calendar, have been accepted. You will now see the extra details.

ronnke
March 26th, 2011, 16:27
To those that played, thanks for a good game. It was great fun, and bit of a change to run something in an Aussie friendly timezone.

damned
March 27th, 2011, 04:17
thanks ronnke - apart from technical issues at my end slowing things down it was a good demo. thanks for the time you spent on the game for us. good intro to both fantasy grounds and gurps ruleset.