PDA

View Full Version : Savage Firefly campaign recruiting

joshuha
March 20th, 2011, 19:12
Currently starting to recruit for a Savage Worlds campaign set in the Firefly/Serenity universe. The details on possibly game nights, the conversion rules we will be using, and forming up a crew are all hosted on my Obsidian Portal campaign page (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/savaged-firefly).

Currently I have no one signed up but I expect until a night/time is settled on I think that I will get several people interested but whittle it down to a manageable crew depending on availability.

tatzelworm
March 21st, 2011, 00:10
I'd be interested in playing. It's been awhile since I've played Savage world...also I'm new at Fantasy grounds. What times were you thinking?

mr_h
March 21st, 2011, 13:38
This intrigues me and I wish to know more....of course, depending on date and time (will review those forums when I get back from class this afternoon).

Meatball
March 21st, 2011, 13:43
I might be interested in playing as well depending on date/time. Would need to be weeknight evenings EST for me to be able to swing it.

Sounds pretty interesting though.

phantomwhale
March 21st, 2011, 14:03
Keep me updated when this is - might manage to be awake and around despite the time differences :)

joshuha
March 21st, 2011, 14:44
Talking to a couple people interested I am leaning more towards weeknights EDT. 9 pm to midnight.

mr_h
March 21st, 2011, 17:08
If it's weeknights, 9-midnight can be kinda iffy with work the next day. Possible though, but days like Fridays or Saturdays would be easy though.
Are you thinking every week, every two weeks, every Pi weeks?

Dershem
March 21st, 2011, 17:24
Pending the day I may be interested as well, I love Firefly ;p

Ironskul
March 21st, 2011, 18:03
I absolutely have to get in on this. Played a few Firefly games here and there and they have always been a blast. Any day during the week at that 9-12pm Eastern works for me.

Anything special in regards to character creation or just base Savage Worlds creation with the extras from the page you listed?

joshuha
March 22nd, 2011, 00:08
Talking it over with my wife seems like I could do Saturday nights from 9 PM to midnight EDT as well. That may open it up for more people since midnight for some may be a little late with work the next day. As far as frequency is concerned I like either a rough 3 out of 4 weeks type of deal or if everyone is committed a weekly campaign. With Saturday nights I do realize that sometimes might be harder though as for instance I am going camping this weekend. However, as long as people let me know ahead of time of planned trips like that we can either agree to take a break that night, possibly reschedule that week, or just have a PC taken over by the GM/another player.

So lets tentatively shoot for Saturday nights, weekly, 9 PM to midnight EST starting April 2nd. First session would be a Savage Worlds refresher/creation session. If you are interested in this please register on the Obsidian Portal website and send me a message there with your Obsidian Portal username and I will invite you to the campaign so you can post on the group forum there. Thanks!

phantomwhale
March 22nd, 2011, 00:16
Hmmm - Sunday midday-3pm Aussie time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=21&month=3&year=2011&p1=179&p2=152) - daylight hours, but maybe not really a good time for a weekly commitment from me.

joshuha
March 23rd, 2011, 04:17
Still looking for 1 or 2 more people. April 2nd 9 PM EDT will be our first session but will mostly be an intro session, establishing character backgrounds, and last minute character sheet changes.

Willing to teach the Savage Worlds rules as well as Fantasy Grounds. Just have to have an interest in roleplaying and the Firefly/Serenity setting.

Stan Shinn
March 26th, 2011, 03:17
Joshuha, I sent you a message on Obsidian Portal. I'm interested, but unfortunately I have some other commitments on upcoming Saturdays but I'll free up April 30 and perhaps another Saturday or two between now and then.

-- Stan

lazarus0280
March 26th, 2011, 17:50
Definately interested. Been loving the Savage worlds ruleset. Def keep me posted.

SpudmanWP
March 28th, 2011, 20:53
Do you have a game calendar for this or do you need me to state my interest here?

joshuha
March 29th, 2011, 01:47
Just visit the Obsidian Portal page and send me a message there. I'll toss you an invite. I do all my forums/calendar/logs through Obsidian.

SpudmanWP
March 29th, 2011, 09:19
I was going to ask for a link, but I found it on the first post (duh). Damn FG with it's text and hyperlinks looking the same color.

SpudmanWP
March 30th, 2011, 01:39
Do I need to buy the Savage Worlds ruleset as a FG2 client?

mr_h
March 30th, 2011, 02:18
As long as the GM has the ruleset, it'll download the files to you.

Personally, I found it a worthwhile purchase to show Pinacle there's interest in their game system on FG :)