PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Melee Damage Dice

NEPHiLiX
March 20th, 2011, 08:33
I just started using Savage Worlds for FGII. Unfortunately, I'm loving the Deadlands campaign setting which, among other things, has moded the way that melee damage is calculated (St + Die type rather than St + set amount of damage). Is there a way to change this easily via FGII, or do you just have to use melee the way that Savage Worlds uses it?

Also, I'm not sure what kind of functionality to expect with this ruleset (what can (or can't!) I drag and drop and to where, etc). Is there a Savage Worlds' specific User's Guide (for FGII functionality vis-a-vis SWs), or are there any tutorials up anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

ddavison
March 20th, 2011, 15:13
I normally drag the weapon damage dice and then the Str damage dice to the damage area for each attack. You can then further mod it by adding a flat modifier, such as the case with certain weapons in Deadlands.

When you do this, you'll see a d6 and a d8 image in the dice pool for instance.

For Savage Worlds, check on youTube for Savage Worlds Fantasy Grounds videos provided by Doswelk. He gives a pretty good run down of most features.

I should really add these to our demo list on the Downloads page.

umbralux
March 20th, 2011, 15:15
You should be able to drop both dice in the character sheet damage box. Afterwards it will roll and total both.

One of the users here does have a series of SW "how to" videos. I'll see if I can find the link...

Edit: Nevermind, Doswelk's videos were the ones I was trying to find!

CAPryde
March 20th, 2011, 22:46
Also, it might help you to know that the SW module on FG2 uses the "Explorer's Edition" rules, which adopted many of the updates (including the damage system) from Deadlands: Reloaded into the core ruleset.

NEPHiLiX
March 22nd, 2011, 11:10
Totally helpful, thanks guys!