PDA

View Full Version : Character Selection Window

Pard
March 20th, 2011, 02:10
My Character Selection Window is starting in the top left corner of the screen. I cannot drag it down. I also cannot right-click. It doesn't matter if it is in windowed mode or not, the program is the one in focus, so that is not the issue. It doesn't seem to be a problem for any other campaign except this one. It is a GURPS 4e ruleset game.

Cannot move anything at all, cannot click anything and the ctrl alt and shift keys do not modify the function shortcuts at all

Oberoten
March 20th, 2011, 09:18
Remove globalregistry.lua in the application data folder. It stores the positions for all windows.

- Obe

Sorcerer
March 20th, 2011, 09:59
the window positions should be held in the CampaignRegistry.lua.
(at least thats what the windowmanager.lua file says should happen.

However just having had a look at a savage worlds campaign I can't see any window positions stored in either CampaignRegistry or GlobalRegistry

so I'm not sure where that leaves us.

anyway I just wanted to say, back up any files before you remove or edit them.

you never know what else might go wrong...

Pard
April 3rd, 2011, 00:32
That didn't do anything. Neither did upgrading from Lite to Full.

EDIT

I am installing FG2 on one of my other PCs for the time being. And once the server files are DL'd I should be able to join without a problem, if it is a client side issue (which I figure it is).

I have already used the Control Panel to uninstall FG2, but not everything was completely removed. How would I go about completely removing all the FG2 files from my PC? I don't mind wading around in the registry and appdata and other hidden files. It just seems like the only thing I have not yet tried. And a complete removal and reinstall should fix my problem if it is client side.

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2011, 09:14
In the d20 ruleset, which most rulesets are based on, the window positions are saved in the campaigns/<campaign_name>/CampaignRegistry.lua file for the host. For the clients, it's saved in cache/<campaign_name>/campaign.dat.

Regards,
JPG