PDA

View Full Version : A solution for Tokens

Oberoten
March 17th, 2011, 08:43
It came up in chat recently that the tokens seems to be a major problem for FG with the current slow transfer-rates.

And then it was pointed out that it'd be a GOOD idea if we could assign tokens on a campaign basis, have a base folder somewhere else and then just drop the tokens into the campaign selecting only what that campaign might need instead of having all campaigns tokens jumbeled together so they all have to be pushed out whenever someone new connects for ANY of the campaigns.

- Obe

Leonal
March 17th, 2011, 09:41
I thought it was possible to add tokens within a campaign folder just like the general token folder, though have never used it myself.

Not sure if it's set as host or shared though.

Doswelk
March 17th, 2011, 10:24
Yeah I just add the tokens I want to use inside the campaign folder, and leave the rest in a folder outside of FGII.

Oberoten
March 17th, 2011, 14:14
See there. That makes it a lot easier.

Should be in the manual though.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2011, 01:47
Also, I am working on adding token caching into v2.8. Currently, the tokens are resent every session.

Cheers,
JPG

Dershem
March 18th, 2011, 16:21
Very Nice!

CampbellR66
March 19th, 2011, 13:33
I dont have a token directory in my Campaingn folders?

Do i just create them there?

Do i delete the folder in the application data folder? or will it all merge.

I must admit it would be nice to not have my Fantasy and modern tokens mixed.

Leonal
March 19th, 2011, 14:29
The tokens in the default token folder will be available in every campaign.
The one you create in the campaign folder will just be for that campaign. I don't think you should/need to create host or shared folders within the campaign token folder though.

Griogre
March 19th, 2011, 19:30
Tokens placed in your campaign token folder are treated as host tokens and will merge with them.

tdewitt274
March 20th, 2011, 01:49
Modules work as well. However, it can be a bit unwieldy when you have one for Goblins, Kobold, Dragons, etc...