PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Game

wbcreighton
March 17th, 2011, 06:02
I have realized I have a 3 hour window available for a weekly game using FG.

I have played using FG about 8 sessions, and I have GMed 1 session of BRP.

I thought I would run a PF game since I have all of the Paizo game and adventure material. I have not played PF or 3.5 before but I figure I should be able to manage it by starting off with an introductory adventure: Crypt of the Everflame.

This timeslot for gaming is fixed and is not flexible. I have a sports activity that will start right after the FG game so it can't run overtime.

Thursday nights 4:45-7:45 PDT or 7:45-10:45 EDT currently ( GMT-7 )

I am ready to start this Thursday with an introductory session of choosing or making characters with a possible test of the PF ruleset. If you know the PF rules you would be an asset to the game, as long as you have patience for people learning the rules.

I like to use Skype for OOC interaction to help speed the game up a little, and also to stay in communication when the inevitable crash occurs.

I thought we can try out the iconic Pathfinder pregen characters or you can make up new which ever you prefer.

tahl_liadon
March 17th, 2011, 13:59
count me in.

Vishera
March 17th, 2011, 16:03
I want to play!!

wbcreighton
March 17th, 2011, 20:00
This is up on the campaign calendar:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=605

Do you guys know Pathfinder ? I hope that we'll have some players I can call on in times of rule confusion. :rv:

Any preference for characters ?

I think Blackfoot will want to play a rougue/bard.

I'll try to keep you updated as far as schedule is concerned, but if you are in, we have 3 confirmed, plus another who can start next week and another possible.

So we will do something today, even if it is only firming up characters and testing out the PF ruleset and skype. Let me know your skype address.

I'll try to get the server up ahead of time and will either pm you the alias or send it via skype.

Blackfoot
March 17th, 2011, 23:03
Actually... I'm fairly open to playing whatever. If we aren't using the pregen characters you have I'll take a look at a few ideas... the pregens obviously will allow for a quicker startup .. it all depends on what your plan is. Long term I think self generated will be the best... unless you are just planning a short run... up to you.. you're the boss. :)

Blackfoot
March 17th, 2011, 23:13
What's the server alias Mr. GM sir?

tahl_liadon
March 18th, 2011, 00:50
are we on?

wbcreighton
March 18th, 2011, 01:06

wbcreighton
March 18th, 2011, 01:07

inuroku842
March 18th, 2011, 03:37
hey, wantin to join.. im fairly familiar with the pf ruleset and im already dling files. i already have a character made and i can help out when ever you need. im available for the 745-1045 timeframe.

wbcreighton
March 18th, 2011, 07:22
Join the campaign:

wbcreighton
March 18th, 2011, 19:42
Looks like were are full up for now. But given how these things work, you can always express your interest and I'll see if a spot opens up.

wbcreighton
March 22nd, 2011, 21:20
There is a campaign discussion here with some server info:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=605

Soulein
March 23rd, 2011, 03:14
I would be interested in this campaign to be sure.

wbcreighton
March 23rd, 2011, 05:31
If a spot opens up I will let you know. :)

Edit: If you want to do up a character, then feel free. I just can't offer you a spot in the game until I know for sure who is going to show up. I have had 4 people log on so far, so you never know.

wbcreighton
March 23rd, 2011, 05:37
If you want to do up a character, then feel free. I just can't offer you a spot in the game until I know for sure who is going to show up. I have had 4 people log on so far, so you never know.

Blackfoot
March 23rd, 2011, 22:23
Well.. that's really true. You never know who is going to actually play until they show up at the door with their dice. Oh.. wait... this is an FG game.. nobody is coming to the door. Geez.. what am I gonna do with all these Rods and Slug Puffs now!

wbcreighton
March 23rd, 2011, 23:48
I was asked these questions and was told it might be helpful for me to post them for evryone to see. I concur. :)

Rule set? point buy and character creation guidelines?
I know we talked last night: 22pt buy and 2 traits ala the PF traits supplemental rules. Games takes place in Nirmathas.

Will we use teamspeak or other voip software? or all chat?
I did mention this in my first post of the thread: We use Skype for OOC stuff and text for IC stuff. It helps to speed up the game and for those times when the servers crash to be able to maintain contact since you can chat there as well. You don't have to talk to me, but it would be good if you could hear the rest of us.

What type of game do you like to GM? (as in how you like to play the game, strict by the the rules, laid back and goofy etc)

I'm laid back and am not a strict rules lawyer (I wouldn't say goofy). I'm new to 3.5 and PF. I have always played Runequest or other games ( mainly pbp for the last 9 years ) and decided to start PF because I have all the stuff from Paizo and love the quality of their work. I have played about 10 sessions of FG and GMed 2 sessions.

So I'm going to need help from the players with the rules ( and this new ruleset), and am probably going to make mistakes along the way. So if you are a strict by-the-rules guy, you might get irritated once in a while.

I like the game to be fun for everyone so I think IC joking is great. OOC jokes can be good too. Anything that everyone thinks makes the game fun is good to me. I'm not going to get upset if your character says something slightly OOC in order to make somebody laugh. In fact I'm probably the first person to try to make a joke out of something an NPC says. Rping your character is important and makes the game memorable, but it isn't a sin to break from that once in a while.

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2011, 05:23
Thanks for a great game... I look forward to next week's adventure!

wbcreighton
March 25th, 2011, 18:11
Thanks BF. I'm glad I got that IP address thing worked out.

Well I wasn't sure how many players would join up. Ok, I see that 7 is kind of chaotic. :ninja: 5 seems to be a good number of players. I'm hoping that everyone who plays can at least listen in on Skype. I find it really helps me run the game.

I find that I learn something new every session that I game, and especially when I GM ( That was my 3rd GMing session). Thanks to all the players for help with the PF rules, it's great to be able to ask about a rule, and get a solid answer back promptly. As long as you don't mind the GM asking about the rules, then I think I'll be ok.

I'm open to any suggestions on how you think I can improve the game in future sessions. Can't promise that I'll be able to adopt them all, but I'll definitely listen.

Thanks for the session, I enjoyed it.

wbcreighton
June 4th, 2011, 21:43
I am opening the campaign up for 1 or 2 new players due to player attrition.

The group is on the first level of a crypt and about to proceed down to the next level. We are playing through the Crypt of the Everflame, Paizo module. The game is weekly on Thursday evenings from 7:45 to 10:45 EDT. You can make up a new character or take over an existing one ( or redo an existing character). I plan to run the game for sure until the end of June then evaluate it then. It could continue through the summer depending on a number of factors, including player interest.

We use skype mainly for OOC stuff. I find it does help keep the game moving.

Apply on the game calendar here:

wbcreighton
June 23rd, 2011, 18:38
I am opening the campaign up for 1 or 2 new players due to player attrition.

The group is on the first level of a crypt and about to proceed down to the next level. We are playing through the Crypt of the Everflame, Paizo module. The game is weekly on Thursday evenings from 7:45 to 10:45 EDT. You can make up a new character or take over an existing one ( or redo an existing character). I plan to run the game for sure until the end of June then evaluate it then. It could continue through the summer depending on a number of factors, including player interest.

We use skype mainly for OOC stuff. I find it does help keep the game moving.

Apply on the game calendar here:

Still open to new players. And will consider moving to a different day probably Weds.