PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Nentir Vale D&D Core World

vodokar
March 16th, 2011, 20:06
I am currently accepting players here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=601 .

The potential times that I have open to run this are the following: Sun, Mon, or tues at 9 pm E.S.T. or Thurs at 930 pm EST. Players should submit their vote via the Game Calendar time submission function.

The campaign will be set in The Nentir Vale, which is the official D&D Core World setting. I will be using modules combined with some occasional home made material.

Any character options from Core 4e manuals or Essentials will be allowed. If you can build it legally in the character builder, it's acceptable.

The ideal group would be 5 players, as I am one of those mythical harried DM's that doesn't necessarily have the time to recalibrate the combat rating system for more or less players in the group.

Galeric
March 16th, 2011, 22:27
Are you willing to put up with a total 4E newb? havent played a game of D&D in forever.

vodokar
March 17th, 2011, 02:15
Absolutely. I'll be happy to teach you both the 4e Fantasy Grounds ruleset and how to play D&D 4e.

I would suggest to start by subscribing to DDI at www.dungeonsanddragons.com and use the character builder to build a character. It is pretty simple and you can have a character built in minutes.

Beyond that, I would probably suggest picking up a copy of the Essentials "Rules Compendium" for $20.

Optionally, you can also pick up either "Heroes of the Forgotten Lands and/or Heroes of the Fallen Lands". I would recommend staying with the Essentials line at least starting out, rather than buying the D&D 4e core hardcover books. Core 4e has a lot more options for character builds and such, however, it can all be a confusing mess for a beginner to digest aside from being a lot more expensive.

Really, though, if you have a subscription to DDI, you don't really have to have most of the books. All of the character option data is available thru the character builder.

If you don't feel like making much of a monetary commitment to 4e just yet, I can always build a character for you, in which case, just pick up a copy of the Rules Compendium and your ready to go.

Galeric
March 17th, 2011, 02:30
You Rock, i'm in

vodokar
March 17th, 2011, 02:37
My pleasure. Been spreading D&D joy since 1976,

I modified my above post with additional information, so please re-read in case you didn't see it.

mfitzi
March 17th, 2011, 15:09
Hello, one more newb if you still have an opening? I played A D&D a long time ago and have only been reading up on 4E.

vodokar
March 17th, 2011, 17:38
Yes, we still have room. You are very welcome to join mftizi.

vodokar
March 18th, 2011, 04:09
Looks like we might have enough players to get this show on the road.

We just need to have the players vote on a mutual time when they can meet. Please utilize the Game Calendar Suggest Time function for this.

As of right now, I'm still accepting applications, in case someone that signed up backs out and we need alternates.

vodokar
March 18th, 2011, 05:53
Our first game time will be Monday Mar 28 at 9 pm est.

If you have never used the 4e ruleset and aren't familiar with how to set up all your powers and such for your character in Fantasy Grounds, you may forward your character stats to me (preferably via a Character Builder file) and I will get your character set up.

One of the things which I will be doing during the campaign is teaching those who are new players not only how to play 4e, but how to utilize FG and the 4e ruleset.

mfitzi
March 20th, 2011, 06:18
Our first game time will be Monday Mar 28 at 9 pm est.

If you have never used the 4e ruleset and aren't familiar with how to set up all your powers and such for your character in Fantasy Grounds, you may forward your character stats to me (preferably via a Character Builder file) and I will get your character set up.

One of the things which I will be doing during the campaign is teaching those who are new players not only how to play 4e, but how to utilize FG and the 4e ruleset.

Can we roll our character up out of game, with either lite or full? Or do we have to be connected to your server to roll them up?

Necromik
March 20th, 2011, 15:04
Can we roll our character up out of game, with either lite or full? Or do we have to be connected to your server to roll them up?

Hi mfitzi

Usually in 4e you use the point system from the players handbook.
Or in the character builder you just need to make sure your character says "Legal" after you distribute your abilities.

If you have either lite or full license you will see an option called "Manage characters" on your main screen. Once you selected a new screen will load.
On that screen just ignore the dices and click on the upper right corner in the icon that seem like a single little man.
Another screen pop up and you will choose "Create a new Character" or something like that and then manually start filling in the blanks...

There are parsers programs that will take directly from Character Builder (CB) to FG but I'm not sure how this works. Hopefully this helps you get started.
I recommend you watch the tutorial videos since they explain everything much better that I could do.

vodokar
March 20th, 2011, 20:34
Or if you have access to the Character Builder, just send me the file output from it.

It would be a lot easier if I enter the character since I have a lot of experience doing it.

Pluvious
March 21st, 2011, 21:50
Added player/character info on wiki page. Hope to see others add their own info.

Nuah
March 28th, 2011, 04:43
is there any room left in the party?

vodokar
March 29th, 2011, 19:00
We had exactly 5 players at the first session. No Leader class among them. If you would like to play a leader class of some type, we can make room for you.

spazz451
March 30th, 2011, 17:47
Vodokar, the link to your calendar does not go to a calendar. What time are you playing?

vodokar
March 30th, 2011, 20:28
Hmmm, it did for me when I just checked it. Maybe it was because I had the game marked as not accepting players? Anyway, just changed that. If the link still not working for you, then just look in the Game Calendar listing for D&D 4e Nentir Vale.

We play every other monday at 9 pm est. Next session is April 11.

I originally had 8 players sign up, thus, I closed down sign ups. Only 5 actually showed up.

I have re-opened signups and can accept two more people.

If you aren't sure if you can make it and aren't serious to commit to a long term 1 to 30 d&d campaign, please don't sign up and bump someone who can.

Our group currently has a tank (knight), barbarian, 2 thieves and a Warlock.

As you can see, plenty of striking capability, but lacking healing/leadership or controller.

I hate to ever tell anyone what character to play, but ideal would be adding one leader and one controller to the group.

So, anyone that can commit to the long term campaign and wants to play one of those characters, feel free to step up.

spazz451
April 5th, 2011, 01:13
Vodokar, you do not have an ultimate license, correct? I has thinking I had tried to connect to your server a couple days ago and discovered that.

Nestor
April 5th, 2011, 01:17
I am interested I. sent u a PM

vodokar
April 5th, 2011, 01:39
Accepted 3 more players. No longer accepting more--Game is closed for applicants now.