PDA

View Full Version : Player Notes Orphaned

CampbellR66
March 13th, 2011, 12:42
We have a situation where players can no longer see their notes from previous sessions.

As the DM i can see the notes and they are all marked as Player [None]

How do i get the note re-linked to the players?

We used a DBFlush to try and resolve a conectivity issue ... this orphaned all the player characters but the players can pick these up again ...has a similar thing happened to the notes?

Regardsa

Rob

Sorcerer
March 13th, 2011, 13:12
Yes this is an effect of dbflush.

dbflush removes all players holder tags from everything, so anything that the player owns will be reset to no owner.

I have not seen a way within the ruleset to give back ownership of notes (but I do not really use 4E so I may have missed it)

the only thing I can think of is to add the holder tags manually to the notes in the db.xml (after making a backup)

each note should have something like

<holder name="playersloginname" owner="true" />

as the first entry of the note. for an example you can have a player create a new note and then just copy and paste the format to each of the notes that they owned before (assuming you know which ones they were).

CampbellR66
March 13th, 2011, 21:28
Thank you ...this seems possible for the notes needed.

Zeus
March 13th, 2011, 22:11
I think removing node holder information (regardless of who owns the node) may have been an oversight of /dbflush functionality exactly for this reason.

Ideally, we want /dbflush to remove holder tags but not owner tags.

I'll PM moon_wizard for a heads up.

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2011, 02:03
Yes, it was an oversight. I'll note it to update for the next release. Only remove non-owner holders.

Cheers,
JPG