PDA

View Full Version : Hit point problem with Pathfinder extension

Chris_Seal
March 12th, 2011, 20:38
Hi All,

I've been trying to create a character using the d20_JPG ruleset with the Pathfinder extension (v.8), which is very good by the way :).

The one problem I have run into is setting hit points. With the extension loaded I can't edit the hit point field. The wounds, non-lethal and temporary fields all work as expected. Without the extension loaded, the hit point field is once again editable.

Is this a known problem? and if so is there a fix I can use.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Dershem
March 12th, 2011, 21:28
Try using ctrl plus the mouse scroll button and roll up to the hp total you need.

Chris_Seal
March 12th, 2011, 23:13
Thank you Talysian,

You are a scholar of the highest calibre.

Cheers
Chris

LuckyRob
May 23rd, 2011, 07:08
My question is - why has the HP field intentionally coded like that? What is the advantage over just allowing the user to enter HPs via the keypad?

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 18:51
I'm getting this problem too

I'm not convinced that this answer is correct, as if you do it this way it is applying a modifier to the HP, not altering the actual HP value?

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 20:51
Whilst we're at character sheet issues, looks like the Inventory page isn't working either. Total encumbrance isn't calculated and checked items don't appear on the mini sheet

Dershem
July 12th, 2011, 22:17
Actually Mad Man who did the latest pathfinder extensions did it this way on purpose.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 22:44
Why would you want to make the value field non editable and only use the modifier :confused:

madman
July 14th, 2011, 07:02
Ok, so the Point was to have a reference of your original HP when you add a negative level (I.E. if you add -5 to the HP for a neg level it changes your current HP, in pathfinder there are options at each level to take a HP/Skill point. After a few levels players forget the options they took at each level. Static number appears in the bubble, no need to remember what you chose after each battle.)

Ctrl and scroll is not that hard.

Chris

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 09:00
I'm new to Pathfinder, and unfortunately none of what you said makes sense to me, I'll get my head stuck in the book.

The issue isn't that I don't want to input as is, just that I don't understand why.

Dershem
July 14th, 2011, 14:33
It's simply this there are creatures that cause negative level damage -1 to all d20 rolls and -5 hp per level. In order to ease the tracking on that is the reason it is set up that way.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 14:52
But don't you need the base hit points to apply the modifier too?

madman
July 14th, 2011, 22:53
NO, it does not add anything. It is there so you know your characters total HP no matter what effects or damage you have taken.

Chris

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 22:59
Ahhh, I think I might be getting it now.... :)