PDA

View Full Version : Preview - New Theme/Skin

unerwünscht
March 8th, 2011, 12:21
This is a quick preview of the new theme/skin I have been working on. Obviously it is built on the d20_jpg ruleset, and it is still in the early stages. But I am about to goto bed for the night, and thought I would let you all take a look and give feed back while I am sleeping.

kelth04
March 8th, 2011, 13:55
I like the look of veined marble that has the background. A great job. It's a good idea to use a material like this, as used in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.

Hope to see the final result.

unerwünscht
March 8th, 2011, 14:30
Well.. I couldn't sleep, so I have been working on it some more. I hope to have a more robust preview up at some point today.

unerwünscht
March 8th, 2011, 15:24
A few more preview pics.

demonsbane
March 8th, 2011, 15:35
I like it. How are you going to name this skin?

VenomousFiligree
March 8th, 2011, 18:10
Nice skin, very "clean" :)

Zeus
March 8th, 2011, 23:19
unerwünscht - great work, I love the veiny marble effect - very cool.

Scribbler
March 9th, 2011, 13:57
This rocks, well done!!
I would say, if im allowed a comment, that i feel having less veins in the chat box could make it 'pop out' more. I hope i can test this skin soon!! :)

Fot5
March 9th, 2011, 14:38
That veined marble background is really nice.

Griogre
March 9th, 2011, 19:25
I like the skin as well - very nice. Its got enough detail to not feel vanilla but not so much it detracts from presenting your data. That's a very hard line to walk and I think you did a great job with it.

Koldoon
March 9th, 2011, 19:38
This is very nice... something you might consider (not sure how skins work, but just a thought):

The marble is almost over powering in part because it's all the same. Having the box with all the DM links (story, comb encounters, tokens etc.) with a different, darker marble - maybe even a black marble with a golden color running through it - might pop more and help the divisions of the screen. I'd also fade the marble in the chat window a little more to help with contrast.

But very nice. I think the white marble is a great choice for the dominant background.

unerwünscht
March 9th, 2011, 22:10
This is very nice... something you might consider (not sure how skins work, but just a thought):

The marble is almost over powering in part because it's all the same. Having the box with all the DM links (story, comb encounters, tokens etc.) with a different, darker marble - maybe even a black marble with a golden color running through it - might pop more and help the divisions of the screen. I'd also fade the marble in the chat window a little more to help with contrast.

But very nice. I think the white marble is a great choice for the dominant background.
I can look into making it more distinguished from the rest of the skin, however I tried the black and white marble at first and it didnt look right. On a side note once I finish this one, I plan on starting on black marble skin as well, and hope to distribute them together.

Blue Haven
March 10th, 2011, 11:13
Very good friend :) i like it :P

Bidmaron
March 13th, 2011, 06:26
unerwünscht, you always rock with the visuals! How about a cool font to go with it?

StarDebut
March 22nd, 2011, 09:57
I like the skin as well - very nice. Its got enough detail to not feel vanilla but not so much it detracts from presenting your data. That's a very hard line to walk and I think you did a great job with it.

I second that, it is a good looking and presentable skin for playing with in games :)

unerwünscht
March 22nd, 2011, 12:26
That would be why I couldnt find this thread, I posted it in the wrong section....

Anywasy, I have released the skin, you can find it in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14351