PDA

View Full Version : Hackmaster Basic/RPG

AnAxeToGrind
March 8th, 2011, 02:20
Anyone working on a Hackmaster Basic ruleset? I am really interested to try this game out and hoping someone has done some or all the work if not going to give it the old college try. :D

I tried messing with the Map Tools software but it is clunky and less elegant than my good old FG.

Zhern
December 30th, 2016, 04:37
Invoking vile necromantic rituals, I raise this thread from the dead.

I'm thinking about Hackmaster Basic after I finish the Swords & Wizardry ruleset. Hackmaster is good times.

Edit: This might already be in flight. If so, not it!

osarusan
May 25th, 2017, 05:31
Invoking vile necromantic rituals, I raise this thread from the dead.

I'm thinking about Hackmaster Basic after I finish the Swords & Wizardry ruleset. Hackmaster is good times.

Edit: This might already be in flight. If so, not it!

Have you started on the Hackmaster Basic ruleset?

I would love to help you test it!

vodokar
May 25th, 2017, 05:35
He is still currently working on Swords and Wizardry.

Hackmaster would be a good next project, Zhern, as it relates to an area that doesn't really have any coverage. One of the unique things about Hackmaster is the countdown initiative. If you ever get to that point, talk to me, as I have some code from the Champions MoreCore extension that relates to that very thing that you might find useful.

osarusan
September 29th, 2017, 04:00
So it's been a few months... any chance this might actually happen? :D
Basic rules are free online (https://www.kenzerco.com/free_files/hackmaster_basic_free_.pdf), so it should be possible to enlist the help of eager folks (like me) to help with inputting some of the data... if someone with a bit more expertise is able to put together the more complicated bits.
I am just dying to play Hackmaster with my online group, and I refuse to move over to Roll20.

Zhern
September 29th, 2017, 16:15
I haven't even had a chance to finish the Swords & Wizardry ruleset much less do anything with Hackmaster. There was someone that was working on it, I believe, and I had offered to help them out when I could. While working on the S&W ruleset, I got drafted by the Frog God to head up their 5e stuff and so that has been the focus of my free time for the last few months. I'll eventually finish the S&W ruleset and would like to work on Hackmaster if it isn't already created by someone else by then, however I can't commit to a timeframe for anything being completed at this point. I'm sure that isn't what you wanted to hear (nor is it something I wanted to say), especially because I want to be playing S&W and Hackmaster in FG too.

osarusan
September 30th, 2017, 05:21
It's understandable of course. I'm not sure who else was working on it, but I'll look around. If you ever do start to work on it, send me a PM. I'd like to help in whatever way I can.