PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Story Frames

VenomousFiligree
March 6th, 2011, 17:32
Is it possible to have a distinction between Story Frames that are shared by right clicking and selecting "Share Sheet" and those that are shared individually by dragging to a PCs portrait?

I like to give information out to individual players so that they can introduce as much of that information as they wish. I will also share information with the party.

The problem occurs when a PC gets "individual" information, but believes it is "party" information and doesn't share any of it with the group.

The GM gets a portrait image for each person that can see the frame, is it possible that something similar can be done on the PCs frame?

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2011, 01:16
It would have to be a wish list item, since that functionality does not exist in FG now.

The primary issue I can think of from a development perspective is that each client has zero information about what the other clients can see. The client only knows which data it can see, and notifies the host when data is being viewed by the client.

Also, there can actually be situations where data is shared with a subset of the users, so that muddies the water as well.

Regards,
JPG

Bidmaron
March 13th, 2011, 06:06
I visualized that Murgh was talking about having portrait icons in a corner with who had the info (perhaps for real estate reduction, there could be an 'All' icon if everyone had it).

VenomousFiligree
March 13th, 2011, 09:22
I visualized that Murgh was talking about having portrait icons in a corner with who had the info (perhaps for real estate reduction, there could be an 'All' icon if everyone had it).
Yeah, an indication whether it's party shared or individual shared, the individual doesn't need to know how many individuals have it shared.