PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Shadowrun (One shot game)

ronnke
March 6th, 2011, 14:33
Our group every one and awhile breaks from our regular campaign to play a one shot adventure. As I now have an ultimate license, I've decided to open our next one shot session to anyone that wants to play.

This coming weekend we are going to play an adventure set in the Shadowrun world, but played with the GURPS ruleset. There will be a number of pre-generated characters, so those wanting to join can do so with little effort.

I have created a entry in the game calendar for those wishing to join. If you are familiar with the setting, then on acceptance you may edit your character description to indicate the type of character you would like to play.

Game calendar link:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=593

The game time:
Sydney (Australia - Queensland) Sunday, 13 March 2011 at 10:00:00 AM
London (U.K. - England) Saturday, 12 March 2011 at 11:00:00 PM UTC GMT
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Saturday, 12 March 2011 at 3:00:00 PM
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, 12 March 2011 at 6:00:00 PM

ronnke
March 8th, 2011, 19:38
Bumping this as there is room for more.

ronnke
March 13th, 2011, 15:16
The game went well, although, I was a little disappointed that I had to wrap up the end of the game in narrative as we had gone overtime. The players missed out on some roleplay, and a little bit of the "interesting detail" that would have come out of it.

Anyway, it was a good game and I think people had fun.

Demonsbane has asked that I post some screenshots so a couple are attached.

zenile
March 13th, 2011, 15:48
Those look unbelievably awesome. I wish I could have made that game but the time didn't work for me :(

I've been looking for a shadowrun/cyberpunk game for awhile now, shame there isn't more interest for these.

ronnke
March 13th, 2011, 15:51
I will no doubt run more games, but they are likely to be at the same time. In any case, keep an eye out for them.

demonsbane
March 13th, 2011, 15:52
Anyway, it was a good game and I think people had fun.

Glad to know.

Demonsbane has asked that I post some screenshots so a couple are attached.

Great! Thank you for posting them.

ronnke
March 13th, 2011, 15:56
I may also run the same adventure "on demand" as a demo sort of thing if there is interest.

darthugly
March 13th, 2011, 16:45
Darn, I wish I hadn't missed this. If you run more games like this I would definitely be interested.

damned
March 17th, 2011, 11:45
looks great - how long did the game run for?

ronnke
March 17th, 2011, 11:48
4+ hours, but we also started a little late waiting for a few people.

Morbius
May 3rd, 2011, 19:11
is there a way we can check out pre-generated characters?

Gigermann
May 3rd, 2011, 21:27
is there a way we can check out pre-generated characters?We're about to wrap up this run this weekend (moving on back to Traveller)—there will be a next time, though. If you wanted to join us this weekend, there's one character whose player bailed that you can probably use—a guns-guy, I think. I know the GM had a few more pre-gens for the previous one-shot—might have better luck trying to email him, as he's been pretty busy during the week, of late.

Deadmike
May 11th, 2011, 18:04
(moving on back to Traveller)
Any openings in the Traveller game??

ronnke
May 11th, 2011, 22:46
Any openings in the Traveller game??

Sure, submit a request to join on the calendar and then we'll get a character worked out.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=482

Gigermann
June 6th, 2011, 21:36
The next run of GURPS Shadowrun is coming up this weekend. Be there or bē