PDA

View Full Version : Skills not dragging

Artfuldodger
March 5th, 2011, 15:13
Hi. Just bought the RMC set and thought I'd have a go at character creation. Everything works fine except for the skill dragging. I can't click & drag skills from the Primary Skills list. Anyone have an idea how I can fix that?

GunnarGreybeard
March 5th, 2011, 16:54
Hmm, never had a problem doing that.

Artfuldodger
March 7th, 2011, 16:16
Just found out what the problem was. I was able to drag the skills when I logged in as a player on my own machine. Just doing the 'Manage Characters' thing when not logged in stops you from dragging skills.

mPicart
July 8th, 2011, 02:53
I too just purchased the FGII and the RMC ruleset, and am having the same problem.

Why can't I drag skills from Manage Characters?

I'm not sure how to log in as a player? You mean "Join a Game"?
But I haven't set anything up, yet.

Dakadin
July 8th, 2011, 15:20
The first thing you need to do is load up your campaign. After it loads up start up a new instance of FG on the same computer and choose Join Game. For the Host Address field enter your computer's IP address. You should then be able to do everything just like if a player was connected including dragging skills.

mPicart
July 8th, 2011, 15:48
Oh, I see; so you have to have two instances on FG2 running. One that you are logged in as the DM and have a module loaded; the other, logged in as a player joining the module. Yes, the player, then, can drag skills over.

I just loaded a module as if I were creating a new one, since I haven't made one. That's a bit annoying that a DM can't create characters for his players without logging in as one. Bleh!