PDA

View Full Version : Fantasygrounds Removed by Norton

FunkamusPrime
March 2nd, 2011, 22:12
FYI -- I just updated Fantasygrounds and my Norton Security ("SONAR") flagged it as "High Risk"... "fantasygrounds.exe was behaving suspiciously on your computer." and then deleted it.

FunkamusPrime
March 3rd, 2011, 03:45
Okay, I thought this was a simple "FYI" but now it's a real issue. After Norton nuked fantasygrounds.exe I, obviously, couldn't run it so I uninstalled it, downloaded it and reinstalled it. It works fine on my end... I was able to patch it up and load my campaign with no problem. But now none of my players can connect!

I updated the alias on the Load Campaign screen, and that's not helping them. And I confirmed the router still has the port open and the Connection Test on the Load Campaign screen reports "Success". But still, no one can connect to my game since this weird thing happened w/ Norton. Note that it did not report anything wrong with Fantasygrounds.exe after reinstalling it or updating it again.

So I tried using the TestModeManager to set "release" and patch to version 2.7.4 Still no success with players connecting. I have been able to connect a player locally by opening another FG window and Join Game / Localhost. But have had no success in getting players to connect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

madman
March 3rd, 2011, 04:55
You would need to make sure your port forwarding is working and FG is allowed in your firewall settings.

My guess at least. You might take a look at this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4279&highlight=port+forwarding) thread

Chris

FunkamusPrime
March 3rd, 2011, 15:52
Thanks, Chris.

Fantasygrounds.exe is allowed by the firewall and the port forwarding is set. In the past when the port forwarding wasn't set, the Connection Test would report a failure. But now the test is reporting Success, so I don't know what the issue might be.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Valarian
March 3rd, 2011, 19:18
Is Norton blocking FGII acting as a server?