PDA

View Full Version : Veteran D&D player LFG!

Direshadow
March 2nd, 2011, 03:52
I've played D&D ever since high school and I'm looking for a game to join. I am a young, fun loving person of the age of 27.

I'm kind and I understand that not all DM's are alike and respect their rules they lay down.

- I am experienced in Advanced D&D / D&D 3.0 / D&D 3.5

- I will not play 4E

- I am available any day except Thurs / Monday (after 5PM pacific time)

- I am on pacific time.

- Ready and able to start at lvl 1 if the DM calls for it.

I am a man who doesn't try to cheat the DM. I appreciate the work that goes into creating an adventure. I also enjoy playing the dice "as they roll" so to speak.

This means that often I'll be the guy that shows up with a character that has ONE good ability score, while the other scores are "meh". I like the challenge and the scenario that I am put in when my character isn't amazing at everything he does.

Really, I just want to play. I live in a small town of 500, where no one wants to play the game. So this is my last desperate attempt.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Baldur's Gate 2 for the 856'th time.

Killian
March 2nd, 2011, 11:19
I might have something for you if you got time on a Wednesday 7PM GMT+0 probably makes it about midday for you. Check my latest post and the board for more info

Iceman
March 2nd, 2011, 18:26
You sound like the kind of player I enjoy in my games. Currently The Shroud of Turin is 'full' but I am allowing people to request to join as alternates. Since there are several people who are way off on time zone I won't be surprised if a couple people don't show and I allow an alternate or two in right from the start (March 17th, future games probably on Saturdays but will be put to a vote)

But even if I dont need alternates at first I suspect one or two will flake later on and want to have backups ready.

I've played D&D ever since high school and I'm looking for a game to join. I am a young, fun loving person of the age of 27.

I'm kind and I understand that not all DM's are alike and respect their rules they lay down.

- I am experienced in Advanced D&D / D&D 3.0 / D&D 3.5

- I will not play 4E

- I am available any day except Thurs / Monday (after 5PM pacific time)

- I am on pacific time.

- Ready and able to start at lvl 1 if the DM calls for it.

I am a man who doesn't try to cheat the DM. I appreciate the work that goes into creating an adventure. I also enjoy playing the dice "as they roll" so to speak.

This means that often I'll be the guy that shows up with a character that has ONE good ability score, while the other scores are "meh". I like the challenge and the scenario that I am put in when my character isn't amazing at everything he does.

Really, I just want to play. I live in a small town of 500, where no one wants to play the game. So this is my last desperate attempt.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Baldur's Gate 2 for the 856'th time.

lazarus0280
March 3rd, 2011, 01:04
Bah.. I'm a gamer too. But alas.... if you don't wanna try my EPIC 4e adventure that is fine..... you may have fun.........

GomJabbar
March 4th, 2011, 17:24
DireShadow,

I will keep you in mind for my Harn Campaign I am building (not up on Calendar yet). I am also pacific time and love a low-level campaign. As an old (27 is not that old) gamer you may have heard of Harn. Low-magic, low-wealth, low-fantasy, high-role-play.

I am currently deciding on a ruleset to use. Current contenders are d20/3.5E or Pathfinder with E6 rules. That means no characters above level 6 anywhere in the world. Alternately, I am also considering starting PCs with an NPC class. May be right up you alley ("ONE good stat") to play a level 1 Commoner with 15 (d20) or 10 (PF) points to spend on abilities.

Cheers.

Direshadow
March 8th, 2011, 16:45
I figured I would bump this thread to let people know that I'm still interested, and to also outline a few things that I forgot to mention.

- I'll try Pathfinder, since what I've read about it says that it's a kind of modified 3.5 system, which is fine for me.

- I'll also try 4E now, since I'm just getting desperate to have some sort of D&D in my life.

- I'm looking for a classic D&D experience complete with voice over IP role playing, as if we were sitting around a table.

Once again, I can play any night after 8PM. Pacific Time