PDA

View Full Version : The Shroud of Turin 3.5e Campaign starts in March!

Iceman
February 28th, 2011, 01:56
The year is 395 A.D. The Saxons have a major foothold in southern England. The Jutes and the Angles have encampments to the east. To the north is Caledonia consisting primarily of warring Gaelic tribes too busy with their own internal problems to pose a threat to anyone else. The west of Britannia is largely intact but to this day is held by Roman army forces. Britannians have mixed feelings towards the Romans; without them the land surely would have fallen to one of the many invaders years ago. But every time the Romans and Saxons clash and the Romans fail, yet again, to drive them from their hold near Portsmouth, the Britannians give a quiet cheer. They hope against hope that one day the land will belong to them once more.

In a dimly lit tavern with the words of a song largely drowned out by the raucous binge drinking of the Roman guards at the bar, a few Brittanians gather near the bard and strain to hear his song:

Twas the morning of a new day with dew on the leaves
And the chirping of birds gave way to silence in the trees.
A sword in a stone fastened firmly and strong
Though many would try all would go wrong.

The strength of a giant could not pull this sword free
It would take something more for the world to see.
Strength of character, conviction, good will and the truth,
For that man alone the sword would come loose!

For Britannia to live he would be her new King
Her enemies vanquished – the ultimate dream!
Arthur we need you! We call out your name!
Bless us King Arthur with your glory and fame!

Realizing that something untoward is afoot the drunken soldiers approach the singing bard and the crowd quickly scatters.

The DM and several players are new to FG2. As such the first meet will be to create characters, learn some of the mechanics of the game and enjoy a combat or two. After we all get more comfortable with the program the roleplaying will become more involved. We will vote on future days to play with Saturday being a likely possibility. Most game sessions will be 3-4 hours in length but the first will probably be only 2-3.
As we are learning the basics of FG2 only core 3.5 classes are allowed.

MisterAmazing
February 28th, 2011, 02:38
I'm interested.

lazarus0280
February 28th, 2011, 03:00
definately interested in this one too!

Dr_Babylon
February 28th, 2011, 09:56
Certainly looks like you have put a lot of thought into this. I salute your commitment and applaud your choice of setting. Depending on the schedule favored by your group, I should rather like to play a part. Personally, I am an Eastern time-zone late-nighter. Whatever should occur, I wish you the best.

Dr Babylon

lazarus0280
February 28th, 2011, 12:32
I am also an Eastern time zone late niter. Scratch that, I'm an Eastern time zone all the timer. Lol

Iceman
February 28th, 2011, 14:18
I now have a full squad of eight meat shields with a death wish! I would like to have two alternates. Not sure if they can still 'add' themselves to the campaign or not...if they can then I will let the next two just sit on the pending list until someone forgets to use dandruff shampoo and flakes out.