PDA

View Full Version : In-game calendar feature

mattcolville
February 25th, 2011, 23:44
Are there any...I'm not sure what it would be, have to be an extension, that lets you build and share in-game calendars?

Something that let me build a calendar and share it with my player so we can all see what day it is and how much time has passed would be extremely useful for my game. Figure I'm not the first person to say that. :D

Phystus
February 26th, 2011, 00:07
Ikael made one awhile back. You can get it on Obe's Wiki here (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Campaigndate).

~P

mattcolville
February 26th, 2011, 08:48
Awe-some. Thank you sir!

Griogre
February 26th, 2011, 23:57
The new 4E party sheet by DrZuess also has a calendar.

mattcolville
February 28th, 2011, 04:03
The new 4E party sheet by DrZuess also has a calendar.

Hm, how does the calendar in the party sheet work? I have it, but I haven't used it and I don't see any calendar option here.

Griogre
February 28th, 2011, 06:39
You need to also download the tables extention and cut it on. On DrZuess' page there is something like other downloads. Download the calendar module from there and drop it into modules. Then just start FG. Open the Party sheet and click the log tab. Open the modules and activate the calendar module. Then click the tables button. You should see the tables window open with a calendar tab. Click the calendar tab and drag and drop the table on the left pane of the log tab. That will set up the calendar.

I personally use a modified version of the FR Calendar for my game world so I actually opened up the module db.xml file and edited the table and rebuild the module before I dropped it. Once you have the table dropped you can close the module, and if you don't use the table extension for anything else, the table extension. You just need them for that one data drop on the Party Sheet.

mattcolville
February 28th, 2011, 10:52
Tried that. Ain't no log tab. Got Main, Skills, Inventory, Order and Notes.

Fot5
February 28th, 2011, 18:08
I had to expand the size of the Party Sheet item (click & drag lower right corner of the item downward--may need to do CNTL also, I can't remember) to show all of the tabs. Mine was there, and I didn't know it.

I haven't been able to figure out how to use it yet. I'll follow Griogre's explanation tonight to see whether I can figure it out based on that description.

Zeus
February 28th, 2011, 19:50
Hey all, the 4E PS calendar functionality should be straight forward and easy to use, see here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103184&postcount=83) for release notes and instructions for populating new calendars.

As for the Logs tab not being visible, this will relate to the size the PS window is set to. FGII remembers window sizes so you may need to re-size before the new tab becomes visible. I'll make a note of changing the window's minimum size settings so that it forces it to open with all tabs visible, however whilst I have a very large desktop to work with (2560x1440) I have to date not forced larger opening sizes to accommodate FGII running at lower resolutions.

Griogre
February 28th, 2011, 20:20
I had to expand the size of the Party Sheet item (click & drag lower right corner of the item downward--may need to do CNTL also, I can't remember) to show all of the tabs. Mine was there, and I didn't know it.

It's Ctrl left mouse button drag the bottom right corner of the window to resize any resizeable window in FG. Yeah, I'd forgotten I had to make the party sheet taller to see all the tabs. Good tip.

wbcreighton
March 3rd, 2011, 18:09
The thread for the original generic in game calendar is:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9942&highlight=calendar+extension

Fot5
March 4th, 2011, 07:10
I'm still unable go get the calendar tab to work as described in your post, DrZeuss. I can enter a year in the top left panel, send date and time to the chat window by double clicking, and clear the calendar. However, I'm not able to change the time of day or create log entries.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Zeus
March 4th, 2011, 10:10
Fot5 - Not sure. To change the time, as the host scroll the mouse wheel over the minutes and hours fields or the AM/PM label.

If scrolling the mouse wheel over the fields does not work, check the ruleset options and check if the Mouse Scrolling options is set to 'Cntrl', (requires Cntrl to be held down whilst wheel scrolling).

Creating log entries should be as simple as left clicking on a day in the calendar control (only works for the host). The log should create a new entry stamped with the date you selected.

Can you describe what happens when you follow these actions. e.g. nothing, console error message ...

El Condoro
May 13th, 2011, 15:54
I am having a problem with adding log entries. The tip about the mouse preference fixed my inability to change the date and time but I am still unable to add a log entry. I click the day and nothing happens.

I don't have a Clear Calendar button or similar at all.

The download with the JPG, the db.xml and definition.xml - what are they for and where are they meant to be installed?

Zeus
May 13th, 2011, 17:59
I am having a problem with adding log entries. The tip about the mouse preference fixed my inability to change the date and time but I am still unable to add a log entry. I click the day and nothing happens.

When you say you click the day, do you mean a day control within the Calendar you have created e.g. 1 to 30?

if so, a single left click will create a log entry, whilst a double left click will create a log entry and change the campaign date. What happens when you double-left click?

I don't have a Clear Calendar button or similar at all.
The Clear Calendar function is located on the Calendar's Radial Menu. Right click the calendar control and select the menu option at the 7 o'clock position.

The download with the JPG, the db.xml and definition.xml - what are they for and where are they meant to be installed?

I am not sure to what your referring to? Can you provide a link.

El Condoro
May 14th, 2011, 00:19
I don't have the option in the radial menu:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16283408/party%20sheet.JPG

I tried clicking and double-clicking on every field or option on the screen - date/time is shown in the chat window but nothing else happens.

The files I was referring to must be the calendar module itself - I got confused becasue it downloads as a zip. Now that I know a mod is actually a zip it makes sense!

Thanks for your help.

Zeus
May 14th, 2011, 00:38
I don't have the option in the radial menu:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16283408/party%20sheet.JPG

I tried clicking and double-clicking on every field or option on the screen - date/time is shown in the chat window but nothing else happens.

You are clicking on the campaign date control not the calendar control. However you have not created the calendar control either.

Open the 4E Calendars module and drag a calendar to the left side of the log window (under the campaign year). Once you have created the calendar control you will then be able to interact with the days by left clicking on them.

Re-read the readme.txt for full instructions on how to use the calendar features.

El Condoro
May 14th, 2011, 00:57
It is all working now - thank you very much.