PDA

View Full Version : Attn: New FG Adventurers! Please Read

lazarus0280
February 25th, 2011, 13:24
First and foremost, Welcome to FG! I am sure you will find your stay here exciting and full of magic, mystery and mayhem. This thread is for those of you that are new that would like to try to get involved as soon as possible.

Since it is always tough to find a game as most GM's like running full on campaigns and if you aren't on at the right time you may miss an opportunity to sign up. We want you to be apart of the community and in order to do that our GM's are putting together small campaigns that generally take a couple hours that can be played in a single sitting to help you get some action right away.

There are many different types for rulesets and while the majority of you out there are probablly comfortable with DnD or Gurps there are many other worlds and possibilities out there. So, for your convenience I will compile a list in this thread of GM's that are offering their services to run you through their short campaign/encounter. Again, this is an effort to get you involved as soon as possible and to meet those in the community, as well as get experience using other systems that FG offers.

The list will be updated as regularly as possible with what GM's are offering what ruleset/genre. If you would like to try out their game private message them and they will contact you ASAP.

As a new player I also suggest you come hang out in the FG chat room and introduce yourself. It can be found at https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/

I encourage each of you new players to at least experience, each of these mini encounters from our GM's at least once. They spent time preparing them for you so you could at least sample them. So broaden your horizons get a taste of all the different worlds and possibilities that FG offers.

Finally, time is limited. As everyone knows, life can be hectic and the hardest part of tabletop gaming is probablly actually finding a game. So keep in mind those GM's that are offering there time to welcome you newer players are probablly doing that while at the same time running full on campaigns. So, be sure to respect their time. If you tell a GM you are going to show up try your darndest to be there.

Private Message any of the following GM's to set up a time to run your adventure!

Current GM's offering encounters----------(to be updated as GM's contact me)(updated 2-25-11)

lazarus0280 ---- 4e Dnd demo
madman ------- Pathfinder/ 3.5 demo
MurghBpurn ------ Savage Worlds demo
GunnarGreybeard ------ Rolemaster demo
ronnke ------ Gurps demo
templarghost (daniel in the chat channel) ------ 3.5 and/or 4e demo
moes1980 ------- 3.5e

fknfelix
February 13th, 2012, 22:45
This says it was last updated almost a year ago. What would be the best place for the 'pickup' games (single session) so I could get a feel for the online aspect? Is it considered good form or necessary to get going with Skype or Yahoo Messenger for these games?

GunnarGreybeard
February 13th, 2012, 23:21
This says it was last updated almost a year ago. What would be the best place for the 'pickup' games (single session) so I could get a feel for the online aspect? Is it considered good form or necessary to get going with Skype or Yahoo Messenger for these games?There are usually pretty frequent announcements in this section (Guild House) of the forums and some of the older announcements may still be valid. You may want to PM a few of the GM recently recruiting players. You may also want to add your time zone and system preferences in your signature.

Voice chat is optional in some games, required in others, just depends on the GM.

saffysaff
July 5th, 2012, 13:03
i need to find a game soooon!!!

iVE HAD FG for nearly a week now and havent been able to play :(

Dakadin
July 5th, 2012, 15:03
Have you checked the game calendar for FG Con games? They might hold you over until you can find a permanent game. It is only about 2 weeks away now.

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2012, 18:36
i need to find a game soooon!!!

iVE HAD FG for nearly a week now and havent been able to play :(If you are interested in Pathfinder, take a look at
the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Group (https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/fg2pfs/)
We have games running every week.

TwistedHeritage
August 31st, 2012, 11:26
Is this thread still valid?

I'm a new member and a Newb to D&D. Looking to get into a game to learn the ropes.

I understand the base mechanics behind it, from games such as Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights, and have been reviewing Live D&D and podcasts to get the feel of the gameplay. I am currently reading through the resource material for 4th Edition, and attempting to create some test characters.

I do have experience in RPG, having played Pbp RPG for several years.

Any advice, or guidance, I could get from some experienced player, or hopefully a demo 4E game, would be greatly appreciated.

balrik
August 31st, 2012, 14:15
I don't know about Laz's post at the top but you could message some of the people and they may help you or direct you in to a good place...I would recomend creating your own topic with games your are willing to play timezone your in and times you are able to play...you never know you may jsut end up in a game but the community is a helpful place reach out

TwistedHeritage
August 31st, 2012, 14:39
Thanks for the advice. I've updated my signature with the relevant info and made a LFG post.

JohnD
December 2nd, 2012, 21:23
This might be a good place to put some information about gaming etiquette in general.

Most things listed would be termed common sense, but the internet teaches us that common sense isn't very common.

Clave
January 12th, 2013, 20:37
Hi im new here, i would like to test this out, i have started playing with my friends on Table top but i cant get enough of it some one pointed this out to mean as far as i can tell so far its worth buying i would like to test it out before i actually buy it, plans so far is to get the DM/player one so i can host my own campains as soon as i figure out how this all works so please feel free to text me 3202964517 or message me on here my skype is clavebeck, so please feel free to get ahold of me any way u want thanks

damned
January 13th, 2013, 07:02
hi Clave - unlike some of the MMORPGs with many thousands of players online at any one time it can take some time to find a game. sometimes days or even a week or three. hang in there and check out the forums and actually apply to some of the game announcements - these probably tend to occur more during the week as GMs look for players for the coming weekend...

Clave
January 13th, 2013, 08:35
Thank you for the advice i keep applying and such i will do so and thank's once again.

Gusto
April 14th, 2013, 20:13
looking for a game to refresh me to the rules set been a long time since i played have only found the site yesterday and it has gave me the hope of finding some like mind people to play with i used to play a lot of GURPS, D&D and AD&D but i no the rules set have changed a lot in the last 15years so would love to find a group to teach me i have order a hand book and waiting for it to turn up but thought i would get a post on here asap as it may take some time to find people to play with.

Name :- Ian aka Gusto
Time Zone :- UK ( GMT )
i work Monday - Saturday 9-5 GMT i also have a wife and 2 kids so evening - weekend playtime is best for me and GMT friendly also i have talked to a few people on here and they have told me i need a Ultimate license GM/DM to run the game. i would hope that is not a problem as i would think they will be best set to teach me anyways.
Hope to hear from you soon.

redeem4
May 8th, 2013, 02:44
Are you guys still doing this? It would be great to learn any type of ruleset from you guys and almost anytime is good except for mornings really (afternoons/evenings would be best though)

kazeen
October 19th, 2013, 20:34
Also new to FG and D&D.
Only experience so far was Dark Sun lasted for about 3 months before GM left are group.

Looking for Pathfinder/3.5

Available after 10pm CST most nights. Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday mayby earlier.

damned
October 20th, 2013, 01:15
Guys - sign up for www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com) and try out a game or two. Lots of PFS games available and also 4E, 3.5E, Savage Worlds, d20, Castles&Crusades.

Killaki
November 28th, 2013, 18:56
Hello, I'm new to the FG and pathfinder world. I've hoovered around the pen and paper RPGs for a while but never really have gotten to play. I see FG as an chance to finally get to play. I've read and studied the books of D&D and have learned a little about how the system works. Tomarrow I will be getting the lite and be looking for a game to get into. If there is anyone out there that would not mnd running me through a mini game or two so I can learn the true basics of the program and system that would be great. Thanks.

Andraax
November 28th, 2013, 19:23
Tomarrow I will be getting the lite and be looking for a game to get into.

Still looking for a few more players for my C&C campaign. Very similar to old-school D&D.

damned
November 28th, 2013, 20:47
@kilaki - what timezone are you in and in what days/times can you play?
which version of d&d books did you read?

Lost Soul
November 28th, 2013, 21:16
I guess i am also looking for a group to join, been a while since I last played D&D so a bit rusty and also my first time using an online table top system so got a nice big learning curve to flatten.

I have played both 3.5 & 4th so dont mind either.

damned
November 28th, 2013, 21:29
indicate your days and hours of availability too :)

Killaki
November 28th, 2013, 22:47
Right now I can play almost any time as I am currently job searching. I'm also est zone and a friend gave me most of the pathfinder books.

damned
November 28th, 2013, 22:55
check out the pathfinder society requirements and sign up to a game...
these are the easiest games to find on here.

Lost Soul
November 29th, 2013, 07:27
Generally I am free Monday, Thursday, Friday nights from 8pm to midnight (later on a Friday), Saturdays I am more flexible but not more than 5 hours , Sunday I am free from 7pm to midnight no later.

Lost Soul
November 30th, 2013, 12:17
Should say all the times are in GMT

Trenloe
November 30th, 2013, 17:03
Lost Soul and Killaki - Welcome to Fantasy Grounds. :)

I suggest that you create your own thread in this forum rather than posting 3 pages down in a fairly old thread. This will give you more visibility and will allow people to respond directly to your thread rather than to a general thread.

Also - make sure you go looking for games. There are a few being advertised out there at the moment (some D&D 3.5e and some Savage Worlds thinking off the top of my head). It will usually be up to you to find a game (or games) and contact the GM. You may be lucky and get a GM asking you to join but it is usually the other way around. Be active on these forums as places in popular games can go quickly. Finally - be patient. It may take you a while to find a game that matches the times you are available, is in the genre you are interested in and has a space available - this may take more than a week depending on how active/flexible you are. Then, once you have found a game if you don't enjoy it for whatever reason, don't be afraid to admit that to the GM/players - let them know it is not for you and keep looking for a game that will be good for you. Don't just drop out without letting the GM know - the GM/players may be expecting you to player the next few sessions and are keeping your spot open - it is wasting all of their time and imposing on them if you have played their game but drop out without telling them. People won't be insulted if you drop out and tell them - they will be insulted if you drop out without letting anyone know. Common courtesy please! Apologies if you are not this type of person - but there have been plenty of people like this in the past on these forums (just ask any long serving FG GM) so I am getting this out there for all players.

I'll mention that patience thing again - it will take you a while to find a game that you enjoy: you like the GM and players, you enjoy the game mechanics and setting, you can make the sessions, etc.. Once you find this you will really enjoy playing in the Fantasy Grounds community. A lot of the people who have been here for a while are playing in 2+ FG games a week - but it has taken some time to get to that point, to know the GMs and players we enjoy playing with and to get a regular campaign going in times we are free. Playing a pen-and-paper RPG on the Fantasy Grounds Virtual Table Top (VTT) is not like playing an MMO - there are very few (if any) pickup games, it is very rare for a new player to jump on the forums and find a game to play immediately, or even in the first few days. Look around, keep active on the boards, contact GMs who are offering games, learn how to use Fantasy Grounds - watch the videos (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/) read the user guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/) and soon you will be gaming and having great fun!

Good luck! :)

DwarfLord
December 2nd, 2013, 17:48
I am starting a 3.5 Forgotten realms campaign. This is not a one shot deal. This is a long term play once/twice a week EST hours. Look me up on skype if anyone is interested. we already have two players I would like one or two more.

Alpharetta Ga
Or message me here

dubbomale
December 24th, 2014, 10:48
im interested in the campaign

Judgement
December 31st, 2014, 11:21
Hello to one and all, I am new to new to Roleplaying in general as well as Fantasy Grounds.

shdwelf
January 3rd, 2015, 13:05
I am new to FG but not to Rpg's I am looking for a game that would help me in this format. I look forward to rolling dice with you

damned
January 3rd, 2015, 14:20
Welcome aboard.
Dont be shy. Let people know -
Your Timezone
Your availability - days and hours
Your preferred rulesets and genres - or that you will play anything :)
What type of license you have - demo/lite/full/ultimate

Check other peoples posts if advertising games - dont wait to be invited.

And make sure you get those 20's spinning :)

jakimo
March 30th, 2015, 04:26
New player (brief knowledge of DnD tabletops) looking for a good group to show me the ropes of FG.

25 year old male
I am EST / GMT -5
I am available most nights, preferably during the week
Will play anything, but prefer 3.5
Have demo for now, will upgrade once I get more into it
I would also prefer a group that has some kind of voice communication, as least at first to get me into things a little and explain it better.

JerryRig
April 2nd, 2015, 20:58
you should try posting this down in the the regular guild house forum rather then under this sticky. More folks will look there.

Andraax
April 2nd, 2015, 23:13
I have an opening in my Tuesday night Castles and Crusades game. 7-10pm US/Central. I have the Unlimited, so no purchase is required, and we use Teamspeak for voice.

Nevellin
April 24th, 2015, 03:45
Hi guys, new here like a lot will be in the next few days.

GMT -3, Brazil
Whole week, between 8pm to 11:30pm
Preferred D&D and WotD, but I'm open to any system.
Demo. I'll probably upgrade to full when I get used to it.

dante411
April 28th, 2015, 23:58
I have an opening in my Tuesday night Castles and Crusades game. 7-10pm US/Central. I have the Unlimited, so no purchase is required, and we use Teamspeak for voice.
R u still running?

Andraax
April 29th, 2015, 00:50
R u still running?

Yup. Just starting up tonight's game.

dante411
April 29th, 2015, 01:08
So how do I get connected to your game?

thefish199
May 12th, 2015, 01:23
hi
Im new to fg and d&d 5e so im looking for a group thats willing show the new guy the ropes.

Cst any time after 5pm to 11pm
i perfer d&d 5e or pathfinder but ill try it all i would just like to learn rpg

lukemm
May 13th, 2015, 21:14
hi
Im new to fg and d&d 5e so im looking for a group thats willing show the new guy the ropes.

Cst any time after 5pm to 11pm
i perfer d&d 5e or pathfinder but ill try it all i would just like to learn rpg

Hi thefish! I'm trying to get a beginners game running, check out the following forum post and let me know if you're interested!

-Luke

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24269-Inexperience-Required-Beginners-D-amp-D-5e-Lost-Mine-of-Phandelver-Campaign

thefish199
May 14th, 2015, 17:46
Thanks Luke ! I've signed up and am looking forward to getting to play !

scottburger31
May 14th, 2015, 22:42
hi I am also new to the fg world. I would love to play at anytime. if anyone is interested in helping me out it would be appreciated.

inScythe
May 28th, 2015, 20:02
Hi everyone!
I've always wanted to try D&D, so I've just started binge watching D&D games on streams and vods now recently and found out that now I really want to give it a try.
After trying 20roll for a bit, I found it hard to find newbie friendly games, so I was suggested on a forum to try Fantasygrounds.

I am a 24 year old guy from Norway, so english is not my native language, but my english is fairly decent, so it should not be a problem.
I do not know which edition is best for me, I'm also open to try Pathfinder, as someone suggested for me.
My timezone is CEST / UTC +2, I'm mainly available between 6 p.m. - 12 a.m (longer at weekends)-

I hope someone could help me learn!

Cheers!
inScythe

JohnD
May 28th, 2015, 20:12
You made the right choice. Welcome!

Good idea to let people know what days and times (earliest start / latest stop) you can play and what time zone you are in.

Swipht
May 28th, 2015, 20:25
Whats with the surge of D&D players? Don't they know Pathfinder is the game they didn't realize was perfect for them? Come to the Pathfinder side, we have cookies! and our cake is not! a lie.

Pathfinder is almost the same as D&D 3.5, we joke by saying it's D&D 3.75. Paizo website has everything you need for free. . . https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Seen a lot of New people asking for D&D, I've almost given into starting a third game: Then I look at those three characters. . . D & D. . . All at once it hits me. "Nope, Wizards lost me forever after 4e: not going back."

inScythe
May 28th, 2015, 20:48
You made the right choice. Welcome!

Good idea to let people know what days and times (earliest start / latest stop) you can play and what time zone you are in.

Thank you for your advice! I edited the information into my original post. Thanks!

Whats with the surge of D&D players? Don't they know Pathfinder is the game they didn't realize was perfect for them? Come to the Pathfinder side, we have cookies! and our cake is not! a lie.

Pathfinder is almost the same as D&D 3.5, we joke by saying it's D&D 3.75. Paizo website has everything you need for free. . . https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Seen a lot of New people asking for D&D, I've almost given into starting a third game: Then I look at those three characters. . . D & D. . . All at once it hits me. "Nope, Wizards lost me forever after 4e: not going back."

Honestly, I haven't heard that much of Pathfinder, but I am very open to try it, as it does indeed sound alike. I added it to my original post. :)

damned
May 29th, 2015, 01:41
Hi everyone!
I've always wanted to try D&D, so I've just started binge watching D&D games on streams and vods now recently and found out that now I really want to give it a try.
After trying 20roll for a bit, I found it hard to find newbie friendly games, so I was suggested on a forum to try Fantasygrounds.

I am a 24 year old guy from Norway, so english is not my native language, but my english is fairly decent, so it should not be a problem.
I do not know which edition is best for me, I'm also open to try Pathfinder, as someone suggested for me.
My timezone is CEST / UTC +2, I'm mainly available between 6 p.m. - 12 a.m (longer at weekends)-

I hope someone could help me learn!

Cheers!
inScythe

welcome inScythe
my advice is to use the New posts link at top left of page regularly and apply often to games as they often fill up fast.
if you see something that isnt exactly what you are after but still sounds interesting - give it a go - there are so many great games and genres out there and they're all fun.

JohnD
May 29th, 2015, 02:28

Edition wars are boring.

Swipht
May 29th, 2015, 03:00
Maybe so John, but it's not like I'm waring with die hard D&D gamers. I'm 'waring' with people who are basically saying I want to try a pen and paper. . . D&D is brand name, I'll play that, but aren't aware of what options are available to them. True I'm fueled by my bias opinion towards pathfinder, but isn't a shark drawn towards fresh meat despite what animal it comes from?

viresanimi
May 29th, 2015, 10:06
While I agree, that Pathfinder has a lot going for it regarding how much material there is available for free and the regular content from Paizo is very admirable. I've played it quite a bit and you definately have some valid points. On the other hand the rules are terribly written compared to the ease of 5E. That is a subjective opinion though, that I represent here - just like you are.

Anyhooo... Like mr. JohnD suggest, Edition wars are boring, so instead of being antagonistic, may I humbly suggest to put a positive light on what you like and thereby recruit people to the type of game you like? I am sure no one here minds Pathfinder. It is a great game in its own right. But bashing another game doesn't make Pathfinder better.

Vires Animi

damned
May 29th, 2015, 10:35
Until the 5e licensed material became available on Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder was the number 1 ruleset being used on Fantasy Grounds.
It is still either in first or second place I believe....
Plenty of Pathfinder players/gms/groups who will be playing PF for a long time yet.

duanepruitt
January 3rd, 2016, 14:35
Looking to join FG game. I work 3rd shift with Wed/thrusday nights off.
Could play Wed 0900 to Friday 0700 Est.
i have not yet played on FG and look to try as a player, befor getting feet wet as DM.
If you have other days and times. hit me up I will see what I can do.
Thanks

TMO
January 4th, 2016, 19:19
Looking to join FG game. I work 3rd shift with Wed/thrusday nights off.
Could play Wed 0900 to Friday 0700 Est.
i have not yet played on FG and look to try as a player, befor getting feet wet as DM.
If you have other days and times. hit me up I will see what I can do.
Thanks

Greetings duanepruitt and welcome to the LFG forum. It is highly recommended that you monitor this forum frequently for DMs who are looking for players. You'll find one-shot opportunities, new campaigns starting up, or groups simply looking to fill an open spot. Stay vigilant and I'm sure an opportunity that suits you will open up soon.

You can also start your own thread with the information you shared in your post. I suggest doing it that way since that his how many people check for new players looking for a group. I am not sure they will focus on this specific thread.

Aletheia
May 3rd, 2016, 04:10
Is this still a thing? says the FG newbie . . .

TMO
May 3rd, 2016, 04:13
Is this still a thing? says the FG newbie . . .

Greetings Aletheia,

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds. Forgive my seeming ignorance, but is what still a thing?

Aletheia
May 3rd, 2016, 16:34
Apologies! I thought I was responding directly to the main first post!
I was interested in a one-shot adventure with someone experienced in the online aspects of gaming so I could learn the system.[/COLOR]

TMO
May 3rd, 2016, 16:38
I was interested in a one-shot adventure with someone experienced in the online aspects of gaming so I could learn the system.[/COLOR]

Aha! That makes more sense. :) This forum is not what one would call "threaded", so responses are simply appended to the end.

This specific thread is rather old. I highly recommend that you browse through the LFG forum for one-shot games. New ones get posted frequently. Just check to see if any are friendly toward new learners. I'm sure one will come up pretty soon.

Blackfoot
May 3rd, 2016, 19:05
I was interested in a one-shot adventure with someone experienced in the online aspects of gaming so I could learn the system.Take a look at the Adventurer's League and Pathfinder Society Forums.... both groups encourage new players and have regular 1 shot games running. The GMs are generally well informed and helpful... it is a great place to start... even if you aren't a huge fan of D&D style gaming.

joecrowley57
June 7th, 2016, 15:46
Hi i am looking for a game to learn with. I know D&D 5e but i am willing to learn others

skalther
July 4th, 2016, 16:37
Hi i'm new to FG and looking to play eather pathfinder or 5E please give me a shot

swnklrd
July 28th, 2016, 00:50
hi, a friend and i were looking for some online tabletop games to get into, and i found FG. I'm interested in a campaign if anyone has one going.

Dodgy Caspian
August 6th, 2016, 13:50
Hello, new to FG but have GMd some IronKingdoms, up for whatever, esp. fantasy. Timezone is AEST.

wolfwood09
September 6th, 2016, 09:54
Hi i'm new to FG and roleplaying and looking to play either pathfinder or 5E especially anyone willing to do a tutorial session with me. Please let me know I am in GMT+1 timezone.

nickabbey
September 12th, 2016, 21:36
Hi all, DM looking to recruit a healer for an existing game.

Check my thread for details:
DM seeking 1 healer. PFRPG Level 2. Wednesday nights, 7-11PM Eastern. 60/40 Combat/RP (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34035-DM-seeking-1-healer-PFRPG-Level-2-Wednesday-nights-7-11PM-Eastern-60-40-Combat-RP)

CHETE79
September 22nd, 2016, 00:39
Hi all.

I´m new in D&D and FG, so I´m looking some group to play Lost Mine of Phandelver for example to learn also I´m learning the rules for Star wars Age of rebellion. So please if someone need new players please contact me. Regards. GMT -4

Mrsinzo
September 26th, 2016, 21:03
HELLO TABLETOP GAMERS!
Im very new to fg but a regular dnd player. I only really play 3.5e due to the vast books i own are 3.5 dnd based ( hard copies and pdfs) i also like checking out and using homebrew material and have futzd with FG manage character to make these home brews happen. Though i played around with FG for several hours im still looking for a tutor/ DM to play and learn accordingly. I have Skype and other voice chat tools, and im very patient but energetic. im using the free trial ultimate license atm, looking for games or just a one on one. Im in time zone us pacific standard.

Zacchaeus
September 26th, 2016, 21:40
Hi, Mrsinzo, welcome to FG and to the Community.

Generally DM's don't come to you; you'll have to go to them. Keep a close eye on the Looking for Group thread - if you subscribe to it you can get notifications of new posts. Also can I recommend that you check out FGCon 9 which is happening soon and there's plenty of games there that you can join to get a taste of what's on offer. Here a link to the thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33410-FG-Con-9-October-14th-16th-2016).

Mrsinzo
September 26th, 2016, 22:31
Hi, Mrsinzo, welcome to FG and to the Community.

Generally DM's don't come to you; you'll have to go to them. Keep a close eye on the Looking for Group thread - if you subscribe to it you can get notifications of new posts. Also can I recommend that you check out FGCon 9 which is happening soon and there's plenty of games there that you can join to get a taste of what's on offer. Here a link to the thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33410-FG-Con-9-October-14th-16th-2016).

Awesome! Ty very much! Can't wait to roll some dice!

ZCapitan
October 5th, 2016, 02:59
LFG. I am new to FG and D&D. US EST time late on Friday or Saturday's would be good (talking like 11PM in terms of preference but could go as early as 8PM). Would need some hand holding on how to use FG and create characters (tried a little bit on manage my characters) but pick things up pretty quick.

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2016, 18:44
LFG. I am new to FG and D&D. US EST time late on Friday or Saturday's would be good (talking like 11PM in terms of preference but could go as early as 8PM). Would need some hand holding on how to use FG and create characters (tried a little bit on manage my characters) but pick things up pretty quick.
Hey ZCapitan! Make sure you check out the upcoming FG Con 9. It's a weekend of FG goodness. You can find more info on the website (https://www.fg-con.com)or on in the sub-forum here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33410-FG-Con-9-October-14th-16th-2016).

cfallsgamer
October 25th, 2016, 06:22
Hello friends. As most posts here I am very new to fantasy grounds. Like most things in life I dove in head first and purchased the ultimate edition. I've been a tabletop gamer off and on since the mid 90's but usually a player and not a DM/GM. However a couple of years back I tried my hand at running some games of 4e for a couple of friends. I figured I'd go with the ultimate for the many benefits including possibly hosting my own games as I get comfortable with it. I will be checking out the b forums here over the next several days and weeks looking for further information and hopefully finding some games to join for now. Looking forward to getting to know more of you.

damned
October 25th, 2016, 07:53
Welcome cfallsgamer. Set your timezone in your profile and in your signature.
Work out when you can play (in all the major timezones) and apply to anything running in your availabiity.

ZCapitan
October 26th, 2016, 01:02
Hey ZCapitan! Make sure you check out the upcoming FG Con 9. It's a weekend of FG goodness. You can find more info on the website (https://www.fg-con.com)or on in the sub-forum here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33410-FG-Con-9-October-14th-16th-2016).

Thank you! Advice was great and found a fun group in the middle of film adventure.

vodokar
October 26th, 2016, 04:58
Welcome cfallsgamer. If you want to get in a game, I am currently seeking players here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34619-Halloween-One-Shot-for-DCC-RPG. Time and Day TBD.

makeshifter
January 23rd, 2017, 08:21
Hey guys, New to the FG scene. Ive DMed a small amount of 5e and played even less.
Im looking to join a campaign as a player to learn about the program and more about 5e,
while I design my Epic Saga campaign on FG on the side.
I'm usually available during the day and some Mon and Tues nights,

damned
January 23rd, 2017, 08:54
Hey guys, New to the FG scene. Ive DMed a small amount of 5e and played even less.
Im looking to join a campaign as a player to learn about the program and more about 5e,
while I design my Epic Saga campaign on FG on the side.
I'm usually available during the day and some Mon and Tues nights,

Hey makeshifter - fencer is trying to get a weekday game going.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36213-Fencers-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Mondays-4PM-EST/