PDA

View Full Version : Update problems

Fot5
February 19th, 2011, 20:06
I hosted a game as a GM this afternoon. Prior to game time, FG indicated that there was an update, and I updated as did the players. We had a window pop up as the players connected indicating some errors occurred, and throughout the session, the players were not able to roll attacks or damage (dropping on the CT or on the map), and one of the players could not roll attacks or damage from the combat sheet.

The players also had a long delay and trouble getting the character selection window to populate when they closed and reconnected after the error.

Fot5
February 19th, 2011, 20:15
Below is the text of the error window that popped up in that session:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:149: attempt to call field 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value) Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:149: attempt to call field 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value) Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:149: attempt to call field 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value) Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]:149: attempt to call field 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value) Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Send - CHPRQ Network Notice: Recv - IDLSR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHPRR Network Notice: Recv - CHINR

Fot5
February 19th, 2011, 20:21
I now realize that this error occurred in test mode. When I rolled back to the released version, I had no problems.

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2011, 22:16
* When you got the errors, were the host and client on the same version?
* Which ruleset were you using?

I'm not seeing those errors when running everyone on 2.7.5, but I want to be sure.

Thanks,
JPG

Fot5
February 20th, 2011, 02:44
I was using the 4e ruleset. I believe that both host and client were using the test version, but I am not certain of that. Regardless, once we both reverted to the released version, we had no problems.