PDA

View Full Version : New to the Fantasy Grounds

Scribbler
February 16th, 2011, 11:31
Hello!
i am going to start soon a campaign online (d&d 3.5, homebrew setting) and i am going to buy it FG, probably this weekend, so i can be ready for sunday 27 when the start is planned.

I runned the demo and tested few things, and i followed the great tutorials of Xorn, those where super helpful to understand all the FG features and how to use them, thank you so much Xorn, still i have a couple of questions and im pretty sure this community will not let me down!

- Is it possible to create a character, with his sheet, on the DM side and then give it to the player to use it in the campaign?

- Is it possible for a player to use two characters (or character + familiar/animal companion/henchman etc) with a single client?

- There are several 'versions' of the d20 ruleset, wich one im supposed to use?

- My campaign is going to start in a desertic zone of a fantasy world, im having a very hard time in finding city/camp maps and battlemaps for the zone, anyone can share/link something?

Of course when i ask if 'it is possible' i would also like to know how you handled those things yourself if that happened!

Thanks a lot everyone

Oberoten
February 16th, 2011, 11:39
- Is it possible to create a character, with his sheet, on the DM side and then give it to the player to use it in the campaign?

Yes, you can easily as a host create a character, just click the PC button and go to town. When a player claims the character it is then bound to them.

- Is it possible for a player to use two characters (or character + familiar/animal companion/henchman etc) with a single client?

Yes. Just go on to the PC button as a player and choose a second character. Then right click and go "activate" on whichever character you wish to be active.

- There are several 'versions' of the d20 ruleset, wich one im supposed to use?

Alas, I have little track with the D&D games being a BRP freak myself.

- My campaign is going to start in a desertic zone of a fantasy world, im having a very hard time in finding city/camp maps and battlemaps for the zone, anyone can share/link something?

Once again... Alas. I don't have much in that way laying around. RPG mapshare might have some though. https://www.rpgmapshare.com/

Also? Welcome aboard. Lets hope your stay will be a good one.

- Obe

*edited for lack of BBCode accuracy*

Leonal
February 16th, 2011, 14:16
For d&d 3.5 I'd recommend using d20_JPG found on the wiki. It's superior imo. It will eventually be incorporated and updated with the built-in 3.5E ruleset, but Smiteworks hasn't released a date for it.

Scribbler
February 16th, 2011, 15:59
Thank you very much for the exhaustive replies!

VenomousFiligree
February 16th, 2011, 16:20
If you don't mind cutting and pasting maps from PDFs, RPGNow (https://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?affiliate_id=80805) has quite a few desert map tiles.

You can also find lots of links to maps at RPG VT (https://rpgvirtualtabletop.wikidot.com/maps)