PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Deck?

Xuub
February 15th, 2011, 15:39
Does anyone have a working Adventure Deck like this:https://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3356

CAPryde
February 16th, 2011, 02:59
Do you mean a hard copy? I own one and use it in my offline gaming sessions. It ca be a lot of fun.

Doswelk
February 16th, 2011, 09:46
It's a nightmare trying to use it in FGII at the mo'

Though my current GM insists though last night when we all had 4-5 cards each (lots of 'play a card and everyone gets a card' were used).

Basically he has a deck he deals out and then shares the image of the card with the relevant player, which works to a degree but once we start swapping them around it slows things down.

Stitched
February 16th, 2011, 11:40
Sounds like a job for some kind of Image or Window Ownership.
Or an Inventory item of some kind. :)

It's a nightmare trying to use it in FGII at the mo'

Though my current GM insists though last night when we all had 4-5 cards each (lots of 'play a card and everyone gets a card' were used).

Basically he has a deck he deals out and then shares the image of the card with the relevant player, which works to a degree but once we start swapping them around it slows things down.

Xuub
February 16th, 2011, 16:08
Do you mean a hard copy? I own one and use it in my offline gaming sessions. It ca be a lot of fun.

No, I have a hard copy, I was meaning a FG version. It would be cool to have. Sounds like it's a "no" at this point.

phantomwhale
February 17th, 2011, 01:35
Happy to try and code up an extension at some point, but suspect copyright might be the blocker here.

Maybe Smiteworks could talk to Pinnacle about providing an official Savage Worlds Adventure Deck add-on (or integrate it into the main ruleset, which would be cool for those who already own it !)

Doswelk
February 17th, 2011, 13:36
The new adventure deck is shortly being released, so might be worth trying then.

mac40k
February 21st, 2011, 18:19
Previously, I tried the method of shuffling and dealing from my physical deck, then displaying the appropriate card via an image. Worked okay, but for my latest game, I took the deck, various add on cards, and pulled the ones I wanted into a table format. I whittled the list down to 64 so I can have players roll a d8 twice to generate which card they get. Then I just note on scratch paper who got what. On the off chance someone rolls a duplicate, they get to reroll. This will become more likely as they go up in rank and each get more cards, but it kept me from having to print a bunch of new setting specific cards and creating their corresponding image for FG as I only have one table that needs to be shared. Of course I may decide just to allow duplicates rather than deal with rerolls.

ddavison
February 21st, 2011, 22:04
Pinnacle has been open to licensing all of their products with us so far, so as long as we offer it for sale and link it to their same product SKUs, we should be fine from a royalty perspective.

phantomwhale
February 24th, 2011, 11:35
Have asked Doug about producing an extension for the adventure deck next (after I'm done with Deadlands:Reloaded) - until then, sounds like we've got some good makeshift solutions above for those interested in using adventure deck cards.

I am presuming the cards (due out March 2011) are just hard copies of the PDF (already on sale via Studio2 publishing) ? Hence a virtual copy based off the PDF cards would be the latest deck, I believe.

mac40k
February 24th, 2011, 15:48
The problem I foresee with the Adventure Deck is that several of the settings have their own ACs which fit that setting. While it may be easy to add these in via another module in FG2, the GM also has to be free to take out any cards which he doesn't feel are appropriate for his game. Easy enough to do with a deck of cards, not sure how this could be implemented in FG2 module. I leave that to PhantomWhale to figure out. I just wouldn't want to see an all or nothing implementation.

phantomwhale
February 25th, 2011, 07:44
That's a good point - an ideal extension would have to both accommodate adding user build cards, as well as allowing filtering out of unwanted cards that don't fit with the theme.

Doswelk
February 25th, 2011, 09:12
I am presuming the cards (due out March 2011) are just hard copies of the PDF (already on sale via Studio2 publishing) ? Hence a virtual copy based off the PDF cards would be the latest deck, I believe.

I think this is a "new" product:

"This 54-card deck includes a mix of new and familiar cards with a number of new and upgraded pieces of art in an all-new layout, with the rules included in the deck itself."

Further down...

"As a special bonus, everyone who takes advantage of this offer will also receive all ten promotional Adventure Cards with your Savage Worlds Action & Adventure Decks."

I suspect you will need to get Doug to get hold of the artwork.

phantomwhale
February 25th, 2011, 09:17
Have fired Doug a mail already !

Didn't realise it was a re-vamp of the PDF adventure deck - will wait and see if he has any joy getting hold of the digital art first of all then.