PDA

View Full Version : 4E PHB2 is "activated" with other module activation

blondejohn
February 10th, 2011, 12:27
When I load a campaign under the 4E ruleset, I find that whenever I activate a module, an instance of the PHB2 appears in the library window as well. If I click on that instance of the PHB2, I get the topic list but selecting anything results in the message in the chat box that the module is unloaded. This happens with any module I open so that I will have multiple instance of the PHB2 in the library. This happens in all campaigns that I have created as tests.
I have the latest update for FG2.
Any suggestions?

Zeus
February 10th, 2011, 14:51
Did you use the 4E Parser to produce your modules? If yes, make sure you use a separate temporary output folder for each module you parse or ensure the folder is emptied before each new parse.

The final stage the 4E Parser executes when parsing a module is to ZIP the contents into an .mod archive. The contents of the temp/output folder are captured as part of the archiving. If you therefore share the same folder across multiple modules, at some point, you will end up with db.xml and client.xml and/or common.xml files in this folder. This has the effect you describe when you consequently open them in the Library.

blondejohn
February 10th, 2011, 16:09
Did you use the 4E Parser to produce your modules? If yes, make sure you use a separate temporary output folder for each module you parse or ensure the folder is emptied before each new parse.

The final stage the 4E Parser executes when parsing a module is to ZIP the contents into an .mod archive. The contents of the temp/output folder are captured as part of the archiving. If you therefore share the same folder across multiple modules, at some point, you will end up with db.xml and client.xml and/or common.xml files in this folder. This has the effect you describe when you consequently open them in the Library.

Thanks for the help, Dr.Zeuss. Taking your information, I looked at the contents of all my .mod files. I noticed that all the problem ones had a db.xml file which contained a reference to the PHB2 at the beginning. However, other .mod file did not have the db.xml file but worked fine. After a trial, I discovered that I just needed to delete the db.xml file from each mod file and the problem was fixed. Thanks, again!