PDA

View Full Version : Adding newer functionality (4E) to other rulesets...

Doswelk
February 9th, 2011, 12:31
I kept reading about the tool bar that had been added to the image window and realised of course it is ruleset dependant.

Can anyone give me a crash course on what to look at to add it another ruleset (obviously for me that would be SW but a generic version would help others) :D

Ikael
February 9th, 2011, 12:39
Copycatting that feature was relatively easy and I did copy that already to Unicore ruleset. What I did was copy following files directly:

all icons related to it (naturally)
templates_toolbar.xml
scripts/template_toolbar.lua
scripts/template_toolbar_button.lua

And some parts from adventure_images.xml, such as:

<windowclass name="imagewindow"> window's whole <script> tag and every controller inside that windowclass's sheetdata starting from
<numberfield name="toolbars"> to the <viewerlist> (skip the viewerlist!)

That the best way to start with, move them to right places and check if your ruleset will throw errors and you see what else you're missing

madman
February 12th, 2011, 18:08
This has made my day. one of the things i have always struggled with is now fixed, with maps that already have a grid.

Thanks again

on the road to better gaming.

Doswelk
February 14th, 2011, 18:25
Copycatting that feature was relatively easy and I did copy that already to Unicore ruleset. What I did was copy following files directly:

all icons related to it (naturally)
templates_toolbar.xml
scripts/template_toolbar.lua
scripts/template_toolbar_button.lua

And some parts from adventure_images.xml, such as:

<windowclass name="imagewindow"> window's whole <script> tag and every controller inside that windowclass's sheetdata starting from
<numberfield name="toolbars"> to the <viewerlist> (skip the viewerlist!)

That the best way to start with, move them to right places and check if your ruleset will throw errors and you see what else you're missing

I forgot to thank you for this, it worked!

But for some reason the icons stayed greyed out rather than change when active but I can live with that.

Ikael
February 14th, 2011, 18:41
One additional neat feature is to add controllers for defining map scale. Using that you can define scale of measure independently for each map and you're not anymore forced to use only only scale. For example in world maps or in bigger battlemaps 2 meters scale is probably too little.