PDA

View Full Version : How Images Keep Original Scale?

nomailx
February 8th, 2011, 09:11
Some images I add on the campaign, are represented with their original scale.
no prob there.

But sometimes, some images are zoomed, or not properly scaled.

And therefor they show the annoying Navigate icon and small lens icon on top right.

How do you bring the image to its original scale and get rid of any icon on the image?

tnx.

gmkieran
February 8th, 2011, 18:45
Two possibilities. One, use the zoom icon in the bottom right to zoom as far out as you can. That should show the entire map and eliminate the icons. If that's too small, your other option is to expand the image window (CTRL and drag the bottom right corner) until the entire image fits. That should remove the zoom and magnifier icons and you can then re-size the window smaller and the image will shrink to fit. Either option will keep the size until you use the CTRL zoom function to zoom in.

Hope that helps!

Sorcerer
February 8th, 2011, 19:17
you should also bear in mind, the size of the image.

there is a minimum and a maximum size for the image window, this is defined by the ruleset you are using.

in 4E the max is 2048x2048
in d20_JPG and C&C this is 1100x1100
most other rulesets have a maximum of 700x700.

the minimum in all rulesets I have encountered is 200x200

if your image is greater than the maximum it will only show the maximum area and put up the scroll icon to allow you to scroll to see the rest of the image.

if your image is smaller than the minimum if will zoom in to fill the minimum size, generally resulting in a annoyingly blurry image.

additionally, some rulesets record the image window sizes in the campaign registry by id number and not by name. This means that if you delete an image and replace it with another one, it is likely to 'remember' the dimensions of the original image - even if they are nothing like those of the new image.

nomailx
February 10th, 2011, 12:11
Ok, I tried many stuff with resizing and all, but didn't really work. It's hard to pan the image so that those icons disappear.

Then I had the useful idea of editing the icons themselves. Just Photoshoped the icons. You can even delete them, it doesn't bother the software.

I opted for an almost transparent small crystal ball. It looks much better then the yellow arrowed emblem of the Gurps Icons.

quid.tu.facis
July 26th, 2011, 01:58
you should also bear in mind, the size of the image.
additionally, some rulesets record the image window sizes in the campaign registry by id number and not by name. This means that if you delete an image and replace it with another one, it is likely to 'remember' the dimensions of the original image - even if they are nothing like those of the new image.

Is it wise to go into the registry to fix the problem?

Is it better to simply use a temporary image to hold the place and then after adding the actual images, go back and simply delete the temporary image?

I encountered this with the 4E ruleset.

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2011, 05:10
The registry that is being referred to is the FG campaign registry, which is a LUA file stored in the campaign data folder. In most rulesets, the only information stored in the campaign registry are the client options and the window position/sizes.

Regards,
JPG

quid.tu.facis
July 26th, 2011, 05:41
Thanks for the info.

I can find the registry file. It wants to know what program I want to use to open it. Wordpad?

My attempts at using a temporary place holder didn't work. Every image I put in (after having deleting the one image) keeps defaulting to what appears to be the maximum possible size.

If I get into the registry, does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Thanks

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2011, 05:55
It depends on the ID assigned to the image file by FG, which is stored in the db.xml.

If you don't mind resetting all the saved window positions, just delete the CampaignRegistry.lua file in the campaign directory.

Regards,
JPG

quid.tu.facis
July 26th, 2011, 08:10
If you don't mind resetting all the saved window positions, just delete the CampaignRegistry.lua file in the campaign directory.

Thanks

After making a copy in a different folder, I took a gamble and deleted the file.
It fixed the images.
The other sheets did default back to their original size.

That's a great bit of know-how.

Again, thanks