PDA

View Full Version : 4e ruleset error - powerfield label

gmkieran
February 8th, 2011, 02:48
Bug report. I am currently watching my FG go nuts. Here's what happened. Creating NPCs in a 4e campaign (using FG 2.7.4 and the built-in 4e release). Specifically, I was working on a trap. I had just partially defined the trap's power and returned to the Main tab to check it out. I attempted to access a field on the Main tab (I don't remember exactly what and I can't see it now) and FG popped a 'Copy to Clipboard' window at me that seems to be infinitely scrolling the error, "Ruleset Error: No vertical anchor defined for 'powerfieldlabel2'." FG is completely frozen (can't close the error window, can't access any other windows within FG) and I'm going to have to kill it in Taskmanager to get it to close, I think. I'm guessing it's bad to only partially fill out a powers entry, but it'd be nice to be able to recover from that mistake without killing the program.

Griogre
February 8th, 2011, 05:38
If the error is reproduceable and you can give a step by step to reproduce it, you should send the details to [email protected] so they can fix it.

Moon Wizard
February 8th, 2011, 06:26
There is no 'powerfieldlabel2' in the 4E ruleset that currently ships with FG.

* Which extensions are you using? (double check the launch screen)
* Have you made any modifications to the ruleset?

If neither, can you send me a copy of the ruleset?

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
February 8th, 2011, 07:30
moon_wizard - I believe this one is down to an extension of mine, powerfieldlabel2 is a dynamic control created by 4E Personalities. It is created once a Power has been defined and is used to render Power details on the front main sheet of a Trap. Sounds like FGII drops into infinite loop condition which is arising as a Power isn't fully defined.

gmkieran - do you recall the exact steps you took to re-create the error and I'll take a look.

Please also confirm the version number of the 4E Personalities extension you are using as well as version of FGII.

gmkieran
February 8th, 2011, 18:51
Moon/DrZ,

I am using DrZ's personalities extension, but I don't recall which version - I'll check when I get home tonight and post it. I have not made any mods to the ruleset. As far as steps, I created a new personality, checked the "Trap" button, gave it a name and filled out some of the basic fields on the Main tab. From there I went to the Powers tab, gave the power a name and defined its attack, but didn't fill out anything else, iirc. I went back to the Main tab, clicked on the attack portion of the power and FG went into the loop. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue tonight, too.

Thanks!!!

Zeus
February 8th, 2011, 20:07
I had a quick look this morning using v1.1 of the 4E Personalities extension and FGII 2.7.4 but was unable to reproduce the problem in the short time I had. I will look again over the next couple of evenings.

gmkiernan - if you are able to reproduce the problem and you are using v1.1, please PM me the exact steps required and I will look to reproduce and fix. Thanks.

gmkieran
February 9th, 2011, 01:15
Hey, DrZ!

I am, in fact, well behind in versions - I've still got v.9, so I'll go download the latest and greatest. That said, I was unable to re-create the error this evening, but I think I populated more fields than I did last night and even when I left all but one blank, it still didn't err out. So, I've got my traps created and it was apparently a fluke. I appreciate your willingness to look into it for me and I'm LOVING the extension! Worlds beyond my last bout of NPC creation in FG!!!

Cheers!