PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest in Savage Worlds

Pheonix-IV
February 6th, 2011, 12:31
I'm looking to see if there's any interest in a fantasy setting Savage Worlds game. SW is definitely by far my favorite ruleset, but i'm also a huge fan of 'pre-modern' fantasy in all shapes and sizes, unfortunately locating a SW game in such a setting has proved troublesome.

So i'm thinking of throwing down the gauntlet and running my own Savage Worlds game, possibly in a homebrew universe or possibly in a boxed one. I'm not sure, but before i start making plans i'd like to gauge any interest.

For timezone details, i'm in Melbourne, Australia, which i think is UTC +11 at the moment. I'm extremely free from pretty much around 9 am till midnight on all days, barring a game i've got on Wednesday morning. Ideally a Saturday or Sunday would probably be the best, as those days are likely to remain free nigh-indefinitely.

I've had a fair amount of experience running games in the past, primarily D&D 3.5 and 4th edition, as well as a couple of Paranoia games, i've played Savage Worlds before, but never run it and i'm open to thoughts and suggestions.

Pheonix-IV
February 7th, 2011, 14:54
I will take that as a 'no'.

Oberoten
February 7th, 2011, 16:31
Hooom. Those humans. Always to hasty. HoooooOoom. Give the crowd some time and they shall come.

- One Ent

CAPryde
February 7th, 2011, 16:32
If you are interested in joining a SW fantasy game, I run a Hellfrost game on Monday nights, but I'm in the US at CST (GMT +6), so I think the time zone shift could be a problem (we play from 7-9 pm, which means we would essentially be starting at midnight, your time, I think).

Even if you can't join us, I highly recommend the Hellfrost setting for Savage fantasy. I've really enjoyed it, both as a tabletop and as a FG2 game.

Pheonix-IV
February 7th, 2011, 22:19
Hooom. Those humans. Always to hasty. HoooooOoom. Give the crowd some time and they shall come.

- One Ent

If there was sufficient interest to make a game worthwhile, i would have expected to see one post saying "This sounds interesting" by now :P

Also CA: You're timezone is off by 6 hours, CST is minus 6, not plus 6, making it midday the following day, my time, which does indeed work well for me :P

Richard
February 7th, 2011, 23:00
Hello
Yes i would like to play, But what type of Savage World.
I'm in NSW so the same time zone.

Pheonix-IV
February 8th, 2011, 01:03
Don't know what type yet, specifics are still up in the air.