PDA

View Full Version : Cannot update unregistered version to 2.7.4

GMTroll
February 2nd, 2011, 19:20
I run an ultimate license on a mac and an unlicensed on a vista x64 pc.

Until recently the ultimate license was installed on the pc but I did a clean uninstall, including cleaning the registry and the user data files before installing on the mac.

Thing is no I have installed an unlicensed copy on the pc it just will not update. The download is still 2.7.2 and all I get when trying to update is:

Getting package listing
Done!

I have checked the registry and there is no license key entry and yes I am running as administrator.

Can anyone help?

VenomousFiligree
February 2nd, 2011, 19:28
I believe you have to re-download the unregistered version to get the latest version

GMTroll
February 2nd, 2011, 19:35
I have download the from the FG website today and performed a clean install again but it still says 2.7.2 unregistered on the launch screen.

The update button displays red but when pressed same result as in my first post.

My other players have managed to update the unregistered version using the update button without issue.

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2011, 22:23
Doug is working on building a new installer for v2.7.4 to allow unregistered versions to be updated.

We have plans to update the updater after v2.8 to avoid the necessity for this.

If you need to down-rev to v2.7.2 on your Ultimate client, you can use the "Dev" mode of the Test Mode Manager tool on the downloads page. FG will then re-download v2.7.2.

Thanks,
JPG

GMTroll
February 2nd, 2011, 23:30
@MurghBpurn, sorry I forgot to thank you earlier for your advise, so thank you

@Moon, thanks for the info. Being able to update an unregistered version with the updater would be helpful.

I was pleasantly surprised that the different versions didn't cause any issues with our game tonight. That was covered by Paldermar and his lackeys at the end of Thunderspire Labyrinth (dnd4E), for the players at least, they ran away before he sacrificed them to Vecna.

It might be a moot point for us anyway, and more sales for SW, as one of the unregistered players announced tonight that he's contemplating on GMing, so they are now looking at the full + 2 lite package deal. And I'm looking forward to a much needed break from DMing.