PDA

View Full Version : Activating Hounds of Adranos module

kairos
February 1st, 2011, 02:32
Hi, everyone:

Got an FG2 Full license with the BRP ruleset. I've installed the Hounds of Adranos module (about which I'm very excited). But, when I try to load it, it does not appear in the modules list when I create a new BRP campaign.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

StuartW
February 1st, 2011, 06:34
I think only extensions appear when you create a new campaign, whereas you find modules under the Mods icon in the upper-right of the desktop. Once activated from Mods, the module will appear as separate tabs on your Maps, Personalities and Story windows.

Stuart

kairos
February 1st, 2011, 12:21
I think only extensions appear when you create a new campaign, whereas you find modules under the Mods icon in the upper-right of the desktop. Once activated from Mods, the module will appear as separate tabs on your Maps, Personalities and Story windows.

Stuart

Hi, Stuart:

Thanks for the reply! I should have been more clear: when I create a new campaign, get to the desktop, and click the Mods button, Hounds does not show up in the module list. The only options available are the BRP books and the BRP adventures, no Hounds. :(

StuartW
February 1st, 2011, 12:42
Ahh, have you copied the .mod file into the modules directory of the FG app data folder? I know it is a silly question, but just in case...

Other than that, I think you'd need to check what version of BRP you are running (type /ver into the chat window) and ask the module's author if there are any problems with the version. I think the author is Rosen McStern, and he frequents these boards.

Stuart

kairos
February 1st, 2011, 13:54
Hi, Stuart:

Yes, I copied the .mod file to the modules folder in the Application Data folder (still on XP). I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the BRP ruleset having recently been bundled as a .pak file.

Anyway, thanks for you help, Stuart. I'm new to FG and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks!
Brian

Griogre
February 2nd, 2011, 08:49
Also double check the extension of the .mod file in FG's app data folder is still .mod - some compression utilities will "helpfully" change a module's extension to .zip which means the module won't work.

kairos
February 3rd, 2011, 03:52
Aaaand I feel stupid. Turns out I was not using the up and down scroll button properly. Have to click and drag, not just click. HOUNDS is right there once I scrolled. :o

Thanks guys.

StuartW
February 3rd, 2011, 06:11
:D No problem!