PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.7.4

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2011, 22:18
Fantasy Grounds

Overall memory usage reduced, especially for module data.
Chat log output font color corrected.

3.5E Ruleset

Updates previously listed in 2.7.0 were never pushed live, but were available in Test only. Already pushed live, but documented again with 2.7.4.

JPG

ddavison
January 30th, 2011, 04:02
2.7.4 is now the official version which installs for the application. You can instruct Unregistered Users to download and reinstall with this version and it will bring them up to 2.7.4 for use with your Unlimited Licenses.

You can use the link from your order download or the link directly accessible from the Downloads page.

BGraves
February 24th, 2011, 03:12
The link on the download page seems to be for version 2.7.2. Can you provide a link for the 2.7.4 client download?

Leonal
February 24th, 2011, 06:27
If you download and install the 2.7.2 and click update/check for updates in the lower left corner after launching, it will update to the latest release version.

BGraves
February 24th, 2011, 15:18
That update button opens a small window that instantly says "checking for updates...done" (or something to that effect). It doesn't seem to be checking anything.

I don't understand why the developer ddavison would have advised downloading and reinstalling the 2.7.4 app if the update button would work. I'd be happy with either solution but it's 26 days after the release of the new version and I still can't update.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2011, 21:58
I sent a quick message to Doug to see if he has any ideas why the update would not work.

JPG

BGraves
February 25th, 2011, 00:49
Is the update button the preferred upgrade path? Is that what most people do? It doesn't seem to work for anyone in my group except the GM who is registered with the uber license.

I'd prefer a download link to a 2.7.4 client that i can install but i'll take a working update button if that's all I can get.

Oberoten
February 25th, 2011, 09:48
The update button is indeed the prefered path. Might be some problems for those with no registered license.

ddavison
February 26th, 2011, 03:19
My apologies. I posted the new version to our downloads directory to replace the FantasyGroundsII-Setup.exe, but forgot that I had hard-coded the link to FantasyGroundsII-Setup-272.exe a few revisions back.

The new link should work for you and get you up to 2.7.4. I'm surprised no other unregistered users noticed, since it would keep them from upgrading.

BGraves
February 26th, 2011, 04:29
Thank you! And in case you're all figments of my imagination.. thank me!

mfitzi
March 4th, 2011, 17:45
My apologies. I posted the new version to our downloads directory to replace the FantasyGroundsII-Setup.exe, but forgot that I had hard-coded the link to FantasyGroundsII-Setup-272.exe a few revisions back.

The new link should work for you and get you up to 2.7.4. I'm surprised no other unregistered users noticed, since it would keep them from upgrading.

Hello, I think FG2 will be the answer to our prayers. Will the trial upgrade to the latest version? I am trying to convice my friends who are scattered all over the US to play again on D&D 4th Ed.

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2011, 20:31
mfitzi,

Unfortunately, the trial version of FG is very old (~2 years old). I do not believe that it upgrades to the release version, though I haven't used it in a while myself. It does give a rough idea of what FG is capable of.

Some of the other ways to check out FG:

* Ask on the forums if someone will let you log into their game using an Unregistered license (release installer, no license key). The person hosting must have an Ultimate license.

* Check out the video tutorials in the Downloads section.

* Check out YouTube videos posted by some of our community users.

Regards,
JPG